Any Others with the DC Sports 4-2-1 Header

WiCkeDuDe

Reaction score
Found a pipe and manifold. The flex joint had pulled apart inside when I cut it up. I can tell its leaned out because the o2 sensors are no longer covered with soot. Filled it up last night so now I will have to wait and see what kind of mileage she gets. :ohsnap:

WiCkeDuDe

Reaction score
So the mileage came up a little bit but not as much as I wanted. I noticed the lower radiator hose never even heats up much after a long drive. I decided to pull the thermostat out which I changed in about 2006. It didnt appear to be stuck. I looked up another thermostat to be safe and noticed the OEM temp was 170 degrees. The thermostat I installed was 180. The catalog at Pep Boys said 180 was the correct OE temp thermostat so that must have been why I bought it back in 2006. Anyways I changed to the 170 thermostat and my mileage appears to be much better. The car has alot more power and isnt so doggy. Im thinking the computer must richen up the fuel mixture above 200 degrees to prevent damage, hence thats why my mileage sucked so bad. Anyone ever have any experience with this same issue?

Back