Any success mounting tweets in coupe's sail panels?

x27arab27x

Reaction score
I just left mine in door, and switched out my 6x9's... it sounds pretty good how it is. I thought you were asking about changing the tweeters up on the dash... I wanted to do that, but there is no way. :p

Thats not true. I am a professional installer and yes i sport a 6GA. Logic has these really small tweeters for like 10 bucks and they are better than anything you will ever buy( sometimes you have to resist the +line because they are too much) they also happen to fit right in if you take the mount off, pull the old tweeter out and swap these in. It doesnt hurt to put a little silicone on the back either for extra insurance. just my 2cents

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I did the same thing The Wicked One did with his tweets with my Bostons. They're in a really great spot IMO. Facing the driver/passenger.

kn0x47

Reaction score
I didn't want to ruin the tweeter "cups" but I think that will look best and it will also still give me some swivel adjustment. (I ordered replacement sill panels today... just in case... $14.50 total).

where'd you order the sail panels from? junk yard? I can't find anyplace that sells thos.

matty2013

Reaction score
I'm gonna be doing this with my clarion tweets that are 3/4", only part that will be giving me trouble is passing the wires into the doors...Any recommendations?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think it was on V6P that someone had done them in a Coupe in the 'sail panels'. Don't remember who the person was, but there was also someone on here as well who had done that.

I didn't read through the entire thread, so that info may have already been posted.

Thought about doing that as well, but since I have tweets in the dash, those would probably just get replaced, or not, and mount another set in the door panels.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Well I'll revive this thread as I did finally finish mounting my tweets. Had been riding around with them hanging by zip ties for awhile testing placement. Luckily I found the Type-R tweeters fine basically pointing straight out facing each other.

Here some "Shiny" pictures. I've since repainted them with satin clearcoat and it's much better. I hope to take some pics tomorrow.

tweet.jpg

knifedag007

Reaction score
I was able to fit a set of PowerBass titanium done tweeters in the stock spot on the dash...sound from there is great. Actually with my amp powering them and the components in the doors and rear i currently have my head unit set on highs at -3 lows at +1

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
I'm not using my stock tweeter location at the moment. I was going to hook up speakers there just for my BT interface, but I can't find a full-range speaker small enough, and honestly, phone conversations sound fine now.. I may use those spots and try to work on getting a center channel.

Back