anyone interested in a DIY?

98accordEX

Reaction score
its left and down from the brake master cylinder...id have to look again to remember the exact location.

Am I correct that the 4 cylinder is different than the V6? I did not find an unused grommet, I shared the one just above the break pedal a little to the left...had to pull back some of the syrofoam...and pushed through from the inside with a touch of lubricant and hanger. Took me a while to figure it out but would be a piece of cake now.

Reaction score
I did my power wire on the passenger side. It took a little bit more work, but if you are limited on wire length I definitely recommend it. You don't want a super long power wire anyways. I actually just had enough to mount my amp on my back seat. Good wire isn't cheap and its a pain to splice, its easier to just get a distribution block and use that to extend the wire. That is what I'm going to do because shortly I am going to be redoing everything in mine. I will also be doing some sound deadening material because my car rattles with my one MTX 10" but it hits pretty hard. I want some more trunk space so I may do a fiberglass enclosure in the spare tire location.

Kennethlmartin

Reaction score
well I did the whole thing. It took about 3 days and was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I installed all new speakers, sub, 2 amps, headunit, sound dampened entire car with RamMat, optima battery, grounding kit, air intake, spark plugs, cleaned every groove and waxed the outside. I might still do a DIY but considering it was so easy I dont see why anyone would need it. I had no prior experience doing any work on any type of car. I did have to a quick google search to figure out how to change spark plugs but it was super easy. The only problem i had was when i was taking out the drivers seat i scratched a panel slightly. If anyone has any questions just ask...

Latest posts

Back