Anyone use one of these?

Boilerup15

Reaction score
I am looking for a new subwoofer box for my car. I have a Kicker CVT shallow mount 12" sub that I took out of my truck, but I need a new box for the car. Anyone used this box? http://supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=432&catId=134 What are your thoughts on it? Or should I just go with a cheaper regular box? I don't know a lot about stereo equipment so I figured I would ask the experts. :beer:

metrick1235

Reaction score
If your inventive enough you can make a box yourself.. those boxes arent worth the price... Shallow mount subs dont need much room or a big box..and you could build a superior box (even your own band pass box) for cheaper than those prices... Just my 2cents..

metrick1235

Reaction score
BTW here are the dimensions for boxes for your sub depending on what you want to build

Minimum Sealed Box Volume 1.0 cubic feet
Maximum Sealed Box Volume 4.6 cubic feet
Minimum Ported Box Volume 1.75 cubic feet
Maximum Ported Box Volume 2.25 cubic feet

Boilerup15

Reaction score
If your inventive enough you can make a box yourself.. those boxes arent worth the price... Shallow mount subs dont need much room or a big box..and you could build a superior box (even your own band pass box) for cheaper than those prices... Just my 2cents..
I would build my own, but like I said I don't know much about audio stuff, what all materials would I need?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
mdf, screws, woodglue, terminals, carpet (if you care about aesthetics), know how, etc

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
time (and/or talent) vs money...

as you can see from that site, the left and right sides of the trunk aren't the same. then, you'd have to figure out all the angles yourself while keeping room for the amp(s).

i definitely wouldn't bother with that box for a shallow sub.

but, you'll have to decide if $130 (plus shipping?) is worth it vs spending the better part of a weekend cutting, climbing into the trunk, fitting, climbing out of the trunk, cutting, climbing into the trunk, fitting, climbing back out...then hoping it all glues up right.

metrick1235

Reaction score
HOW TO

This is Crutchfields HOW TO on building a box.. It doesnt take a lot of Skill, Just some time... Another option, you can get a shallow sub box from them which runs 50ish i think i saw.. They are Truck boxes but are the right size for a shallow mount application. It all comes down to Money VS Time VS Patients.. Because this i assume being your first box will require patients.. Measure twice and cut once... I built my box in an afternoon, then sealed the next day.. then left alone for a day to fully cure and seal... I also made my floor with wood and carpet.... You can get everything you need from Home depot or Lowes... I would recommend getting your Terminals from Radio Shack and get the Gold terminal type..

Boilerup15

Reaction score
HOW TO

This is Crutchfields HOW TO on building a box.. It doesnt take a lot of Skill, Just some time... Another option, you can get a shallow sub box from them which runs 50ish i think i saw.. They are Truck boxes but are the right size for a shallow mount application. It all comes down to Money VS Time VS Patients.. Because this i assume being your first box will require patients.. Measure twice and cut once... I built my box in an afternoon, then sealed the next day.. then left alone for a day to fully cure and seal... I also made my floor with wood and carpet.... You can get everything you need from Home depot or Lowes... I would recommend getting your Terminals from Radio Shack and get the Gold terminal type..

Thanks for the info, How well do you think this sub will sound in my new car? I am running it with a POS Crunch 1000watt amp right now until I can get the money around for a better amp.

Back