Anyone Wiring Diagram Manual Climate Control?

BoyRicer

Reaction score
I have an 01 i4 with the manual climate control. Recently the selector for air movement, temperature selector, A/C, and defrosters have all stopped working. I bought another control unit, plugged it in same issue. Now i have the socket thing and was wondering if anyone could tell me which wires are live and which are grounds so i can follow the wires to see where the issue is. ill post a pic of the socket in a couple minutes if that will help. Thanks to any who have knowledge on this

BoyRicer

Reaction score

Here is the side number 1

and number 2

and here is the conductivity of the wires going from left to right side 1 and side 2

if anyone knows which other wires are supposed to be live let me know so i can figure out this electrical issue thanks

001Stunna

Reaction score
I have an 01 i4 with the manual climate control. Recently the selector for air movement, temperature selector, A/C, and defrosters have all stopped working. I bought another control unit, plugged it in same issue. Now i have the socket thing and was wondering if anyone could tell me which wires are live and which are grounds so i can follow the wires to see where the issue is. ill post a pic of the socket in a couple minutes if that will help. Thanks to any who have knowledge on this

Did you already check for burnt fuses? Id find it hard to believe that something happened to those wires unless someone messed with them before. They're not really wires that are ever touched or messed with.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
ive looked the fuses over and it looks fine but the thing is one day the control isnt working and then the next its working again

BoyRicer

Reaction score
okay so it started to work again today i quickly pulled the dash apart and tested the wires while it was working. I found out that when it worked i had power going to 6 more wires than when it was down the ones that arent getting power are the green/black, pink/black, brown, gray, green, and the green/yellow wire. so tomorrow its going to be a wire following day, and hopefully its just a fuse thats no good since i dont have power going to six different wires

Chris Vu

Reaction score
What the hell .. it has to be a fuse .. theres no way 6 wires are just going to randomly stop having power.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
im wondering if one of the wires is the main power line going to the control unit and the other five are just grounds or leads to the control motors

Back