Apexi WSII catback exhaust fitment questions...

duffmaster

Reaction score
Hi gang,

First off I am real excited i just signed up for this 6th gen accord forum. I have a 2000 honda accord sedan 4 cyl. ULEV. I have recently purchased a used Apexi WSII Catback exhaust system from craiglist. I went ahead and purchased a blister pack from Apexi for all new bolts, nuts, washer, and the four required gaskets. While installing this exhaust I encountered some issues. The first small piece that comes of the cat if install incorrectly can cause rubbing issues or cause the other pieces not to fit. I unfortunatly had no help this weekend and through several attempts I was able to install the exhaust through trial and error. My concern is that all the existing hangers matched up just fine except for the final hanger closest to the tip of the muffler. Does anyone in this forum have pictures of their WSII installed? Any pictures of how the peices should look underneath the car? it seems that the final hanger is about 2-3 inches away. I have verified the model number of this exhaust and it is supposed to be for this vehicle. I am trying to figure out where I went wrong. Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Could be the first owner had the hanger adjusted or you haven't pushed the coupling of exhaust pipe to midpipe far enough. My last hanger on my magnaflow catback (used also) also needed to get that last hanger heated up and bent a bit.

duffmaster

Reaction score
Could be the first owner had the hanger adjusted or you haven't pushed the coupling of exhaust pipe to midpipe far enough. My last hanger on my magnaflow catback (used also) also needed to get that last hanger heated up and bent a bit.

The whole muffler part is in by two or three inches. It seems as it should be flush with the exhaust opening. I was hoping that someone in this forum would have pictures of theirs so I will have something to compare it to. 001Stunna I checked the all the pieces and everything looks correct . Very confusing. Thanks for your reply!

001Stunna

Reaction score
The whole muffler part is in by two or three inches. It seems as it should be flush with the exhaust opening. I was hoping that someone in this forum would have pictures of theirs so I will have something to compare it to. 001Stunna I checked the all the pieces and everything looks correct . Very confusing. Thanks for your reply!

While not the ws2 I'll snap a pic of my magnaflow tnite if I can manage...

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Just a guess... But maybe you got a catback system for a coupe. Your sedan's 2 inches or so longer than the coupes, so I think that's a possibility if you're muffler's in a couple inches too far.

Back