Are the Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid any good?

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
i had those same falkens and they do wear out fast as well give road noise....yokohama are under 100... im thinking about doing a set..

firestone might not be setting your toe right...do you sit in there and watch them do your alignment? last time i got my car done i did and the guy made sure he zeroed out everything because i was right in front of him... also always ask for printout before they start, if you wait then they'll come up w/excuse that they cant do because you had to ask before hand..

i was told up to 1 degree camber wont affect wear much as long as everything else is within the limits...

all the guys know me at the particular firestone shop i go to. they're cool with me and treat me right. and i always get a print out of the alignment specs of before and after the alignment. i do know toe is was causes the most wear on tires vs. camber and caster.

lifelongbread

Reaction score
im currently riding on those potenzas and yes there is road noise. i have had them for about 10k and i have hardly noticed any wear. but i also work at a tire shop so i usually rotate my tires every oil change at exactly 3000 miles.

[email protected].

Reaction score
How about Continental ExtremeContact DWS? Treadwear rating of 540.. I've heard good things about them. I was gonna get a set but I ended up with Falken FK452's instead.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...=Passenger/Performance&tmn=ExtremeContact+DWS

Those Contis are great tires. A good friend has them on his Lexus. They're quiet, and ride very, very good.

I love my Potenzas, but they're Pole Positions, an entirely different animal than the all-seasons you're looking at.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I think I'm going to get the G019s anyways despite people saying that there's road noise. Nobody has said anything bad about them performance wise so I'm presuming that it's a fairly good tire road noise aside.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I have those Continetal DWS and had them for about 6k miles and love the so far. They are really quiet and really nice, and handle really awesome in snow, rain and dry.

Back