Asians and their school admission secrets.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
american kids go to football game and such!!!

azn kids, have to study and get straight A's and have to master as much instrument as they can have, and still have lesson after school... and weekend and such... or they will be banned and disowned by their parents

and still can play games...

we azn kids are just amazing!!! LOL :ohyou:

^ btw, my comment was bias...

and too bad, I'm more american than azn, otherwise, i would've gone to one of the ivy school... LOL :skurred:

Mikey

Reaction score
I'm not sure I really care what asians are doing as long as they keep making superior electronics and violent cartoons.

oh and modeling cars/dressing like whores, gotta love that.
I also second this.

I once heard that Cambodians can go to school in the US for free, or next to nothing due to some pact or agreement, or something, that we made x-amount of years ago. Something to do with us invading them and killing a lot of their people? I dont recall and I suck at World History. Not really sure what that has to do with anything though, lol.

If schools are treating them differently based upon their race then it needs to be brought to the appropriate person's attention. If nothing is still done, then, no, I dont blame them for "lying"..

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
I once heard that Cambodians can go to school in the US for free, or next to nothing due to some pact or agreement, or something, that we made x-amount of years ago. Something to do with us invading them and killing a lot of their people? I dont recall and I suck at World History. Not really sure what that has to do with anything though, lol.

same thing for vietnam... US f*cked up in the vietnam war, so as a "i'm sorry" note, they allowed flocks of vietnamese to migrate to the US...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
dunno abt tht... for the 1st gens maybe, but not sure abt anything after tht....

likeawp

Reaction score
I don't know about the accuracy of the selection process but I believe the discrimination is probably real to some degree. For example, if you're a in charge of giving a single individual a better opportunity you would most likely favor someone of similar race and values. That is not always the case but it could happen more often at high-ranking institutions more than average ones.

I mean, if Harvard was a Chinese institution, they wouldn't want to crank out folks of different races to be leaders in their respective fields of study. They're just too real with it.

same thing for vietnam... US f*cked up in the vietnam war, so as a "i'm sorry" note, they allowed flocks of vietnamese to migrate to the US...

And to go to school. For free.

Story of my life :jae:....done with college and didn't pay **** :peace:

lwlba

Reaction score
disclaimer: i dont have any solid proof, but this is just my feelings. dont come and hunt me down.

i agree with a number of you up there. i think it would be very difficult to actually get "proof" of how students are selected. no school's gonna tell you how they REALLY select students. I'm not saying that the school is biased or is not biased. that we'll never know/get a hold of some proof. what i feel though is that through seeing, hearing, and experiencing through first hand, that prejudice is still there. i dont believe in the bull**** that there is no racism here. no matter where you go, there'll always be discrimination.

in addition, let's just assume for one second that whatever the article said is true, how are we going to change that (for those that we dont agree with the current practice)? There's really nothing we can do as there is no solid proof that certain school caps the number of asians accepted. even if there is solid proof that avg asians needed to score higher to get in, what can we do abot that? imo, perhaps we can only take it as a compliment that asians are very hard working, (just like every other race imo).

Back