auto to manual trans seap for f23 ulev

danny.f150

Reaction score
Hey guys so i decided to keep my accord insted of selling her because i just cant let my baby go. For now she is still stock and ive only done cosmitic and maintance stuff myself like changing fuilds and doing touch up paint on the scratches the previous owner made.

Well to get to the point i want more power, and ive heard alot that the auto trans wont take much power and to go with manual. So for those that have done the swap how hard is it really and would you recomend me someone that doesnt have any expirence in trans swaps do it myself or go to a shop. Also if possible can you guys give me a guesstimate as to how much it would cost to have a shop do it. I also plan on swaping out the engine but thatl be further down the road any suggestions as to what engine would be good, i hope to get minimun 300hp. Thank you for your time.

james'99

Reaction score
I am not sure on labor costs, but I can get you started on parts...

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=575130

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=236629

For the amount of power you want to push, I am not sure if you'll want a standard clutch or go stage 1. It's looking like you'll need to stage it for some power though. hotaccord243's setup made in the mid 300's with an ACT lightweight flywheel. I don't recall the clutch he used.

Actually, from his ride thread...

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17750

-ACT H026x xtreme pressure plate
-ACT 6224210 6-puck sprung race disc
-ACT Xact flywheel (11.9pds)

He also used an LSD trans. I think if you're gonna do boost, that's probably a worthwhile investment. You'll need axles and everything. There is not coming out of this "cheap" if you are gonna want to make power. It may even be cheaper in the long run to pull the motor, build it and do the swap simultaneously. This way, you can install the correct harness and not be piecing something together.

You're gonna need a lot for those numbers to be reliable anyway. I would check out hotaccord243's part out thread and see what you can grab. The flywheel is available. I think the head and engine are too but the fuel system etc has been sold. If I was gonna do boost on your car, I'd be pulling the motor and trans together. Build the motor, get a trans, proper clutch, flywheel, etc. Probably looking at an ACT setup or EXEDY/Fidanza setup there.

james'99

Reaction score
On another note, you say you don't have experience with trans swaps. Have you removed and installed a transmission? Beyond that, It isn't really so hard on this car because it is supposed to be able to have a manual. Not much modification so much as part replacement.

If you were a V6 doing a swap, well that's different.

danny.f150

Reaction score
Thank you for the response and no i have never done anything like that sadly there isnt anyone i know that could show me the ropes on how to work on engines or trannys so if i do it ill be on my own looking mainly at the forums and youtube to guide me if i dont take it to a shop.

james'99

Reaction score
Yeah, if you were to attempt it, you'd need to plan everything accordingly.What's the mileage on the current engine and transmission?

Ty92x

Reaction score
When I got a quote from my local Honda and Acura tuning shop in my home city they quoted labor at 1,300 I don't know what it would be in your city but labor cost can vary depending on where you go so yours might be different

danny.f150

Reaction score
Other than fluid changes and fixing paint dents and scratches thats all, like i said i dont know anybody to help me with the swap thats why i was wondering how hard could it really be. I feel up for it because i always get a sense of enjoyment whenever i fix something by myself on my car even if its the small things but i am just concerned if imma do it right or not. Oh and im located in Southern California near LA so i think if i have a shop do it, it will cost a whole lot more if im not mistaken.

james'99

Reaction score
Other than fluid changes and fixing paint dents and scratches thats all, like i said i dont know anybody to help me with the swap thats why i was wondering how hard could it really be. I feel up for it because i always get a sense of enjoyment whenever i fix something by myself on my car even if its the small things but i am just concerned if imma do it right or not. Oh and im located in Southern California near LA so i think if i have a shop do it, it will cost a whole lot more if im not mistaken.

I don't really think there is much to screw up so much as taking your time, giving research and knowing that there is nothing easy about this. Ask questions and you will get through it.

Back