auto to manual trans seap for f23 ulev

Ty92x

Reaction score
Hardest part probably would be the wiring but if you do some searching they got some guides you can follow to help you through it

danny.f150

Reaction score
Thank you james you have been really helpful, I am going to look at the forums much more and try to study them so ill be ready for it. I also have to put the project on hold right now because im going to have to get another car to get me from point a to b since my accord is the only car i own right now. What transmission would you recomend for me? Also what engine? ive heard of h22, h23, and f20 are good swaps for a 6GA but im not entirely sure whats the difference. Thank you, Danny.

james'99

Reaction score
Thank you james you have been really helpful, I am going to look at the forums much more and try to study them so ill be ready for it. I also have to put the project on hold right now because im going to have to get another car to get me from point a to b since my accord is the only car i own right now. What transmission would you recomend for me? Also what engine? ive heard of h22, h23, and f20 are good swaps for a 6GA but im not entirely sure whats the difference. Thank you, Danny.

H series are Dual cam. Prelude engines. If you are gonna swap the motor, you may as well steal a wiring harness of the complimenting engine and trans. Less headache that way. Honestly, the H23 makes 200 HP out of the box. Not too sure.

You said you wanted boost. I think I would consider buying hotaccord243's engine. Have you gotten a chance to look at his for sale thread?

Ty92x

Reaction score
I'd go with the H22 transmission it will bolt right up to our block for a full engine swap I'd do the H22 engine swap it's probably the most popular and there is a lot more potential for upgrades with the H22 compared to our engine... Right now I'm building a G23 which is a H22 head on our F23 block

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The F23H is a better swap (my name for the F23 with H head, because it isn't a G!!!)

You get iron sleeves, stock, not FRM.

You get the DOHC head.

I don't really like the DOHC, but you do seem to get more power. Seems reliable, just watch the compression ratio.

I would stay SOHC, but swap the cam to one of the 'mild' type. Keep springs/valves, even stay nearly stock grind for non-VTEC. Go a bit 'bumpier' in the VTEC lobes. Most camshafts now are like $500, which seems higher than the ~$150 I was looking at before. Anyway, you're looking at a ~10% gain in power.

Ty92x

Reaction score
The F23H is a better swap (my name for the F23 with H head, because it isn't a G!!!)

You get iron sleeves, stock, not FRM.

You get the DOHC head.

I don't really like the DOHC, but you do seem to get more power. Seems reliable, just watch the compression ratio.

I would stay SOHC, but swap the cam to one of the 'mild' type. Keep springs/valves, even stay nearly stock grind for non-VTEC. Go a bit 'bumpier' in the VTEC lobes. Most camshafts now are like $500, which seems higher than the ~$150 I was looking at before. Anyway, you're looking at a ~10% gain in power.
Everybody calls it a G23 it's called that because it's a hybrid build and it wasn't designed by Honda if it was designed by Honda it would have an official Honda engine code and it might have a name similar to what you are calling it

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah. Honda made the G. If someone actually does a G swap... Acura Vigor, 5 cylinder, hard swap!

The last letter represents the head, basically.

The DOHC isn't really more 'tunable', you can get the same parts for a SOHC. But again you need to look at your goal. Your actual goal, everyone wants 1000hp, but what will you have?

I/H/E figure 10% for all of it, a mild cam, 10%, so stock with 150hp, call it 180hp.

H23 is like 160hp? Sam mods, call it 190hp.

Is it worth it? Most people want the quick cars quickly.

Ty92x

Reaction score
DOHC is more tunable because you can tune exhaust valvetrain and intake valvetrain separately... On a SOHC the only way to tune exhaust valvetrain and intake valvetrain separately is to swap or regrind the cam you can't tune them individually on a SOHC

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
sure, lol. Who knows what, and how much?

So what do you test?

Oh, you need a professional...that's what SOHC guys do. Also, You have more rotating mass, not that it matters.

Back