Auto Tranny Failure?

botang47

Reaction score
Lately, my tranny has had problems shifting at higher speeds. It will drive ok at lower speeds, but at higher speeds (above 55) it won't seem to shift correctly. I'll hit the gas and the rpm's will shoot up, but the speed will hardly increase. The worst is on a hill. I'll rape the gas pedal and the speed will continue to drop. I know auto trannys are crap, but is mine completely toast?

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Lately, my tranny has had problems shifting at higher speeds. It will drive ok at lower speeds, but at higher speeds (above 55) it won't seem to shift correctly. I'll hit the gas and the rpm's will shoot up, but the speed will hardly increase. The worst is on a hill. I'll rape the gas pedal and the speed will continue to drop. I know auto trannys are crap, but is mine completely toast?

Yeah... It's on it's way out. Do you have a 4cyl or 6cyl? It's probably too late to install a tranny cooler. When was the last time you replaced your fluid? What color is your fluid? How many miles have you squeezed out of it?

fallout09890

Reaction score
ur clutch packs are probably toast by now... U can try to do an ATF drain/fill, but it will only help temporarily. Ur tranny is on its way out.. I'd be careful on where I'll drive that car cuz it could give out anytime now

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Don't drain and fill, it will add to the problems. It's too late, for any kind of service.

Back