Back to stock height

srikid

Reaction score
So I have had my car lowered for long enough now and have run into enough problems due to it. 2 cracked oil pans, multiple ball joints replaced among other suspension problems.

My question is I lowered my car by using lowering springs and aftermarket shocks. Will my aftermarket shocks work with the original springs or do I need to buy OEM type shocks??? Does anyone have the original springs for a 99 V6 that they are willing to sell for cheap???

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
sounds like you plowed through pot holes and ruts in the road. I'm lowered without any problems thus far. I'm not sure if u can load stock springs on after market shocks, I suppose you could if they are the same height as stock. You will most def have to load the oem springs cus hey are hella long.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure either, but I don't see why it wouldn't...:thinking: and yeah, what kind of roads do you have over there? How low were you? I'm slammed and never had problems like those...

Fuzz

Reaction score
Yes you can use most name brand aftermarket shocks with the stock springs.

Stock shocks are not valved for lower or stiffer springs. Aftermarket performance shocks are valved to handle stock and lower ride hight and stock and stiffer spring rates.

That's why you will sometimes see they write on the box of the shock... from 0 to -2 inches

That being said I live in the pothole capital of Montreal and my suspension is fine

srikid

Reaction score
I see you guys are from Long Island and Jersey. Im sure over there the roads are nice and smooth. Its a whole different playing field in NYC when your slammed about 3" and you cant get a oil change or car wash at most places cause your car is too low.

Thanks for the info guys. I will try searching to see if I can get my hands on some stock springs or something with less drop.

Kevin@g5a

Reaction score
Ouch; This hurts to read; hope things get better and the aftermarket shocks should work with the springs. Usually you would have a bigger issue with stock shocks and aftermarket springs.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Or you could just raise it above 3"? And lowered that much will make it hard to get oil changes or car washes in any state. Tis the nature of the beast.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Word, I just change my own oil and use the self service car washes.

x3.

ill never take a car thru a drive thru car wash, ever.

what suspension are you running op? and the busted oil pans would be due to the fact that the oil pans on the v6's sit lower than the subframes on the 6g's. and the roads arent great out where i am either, theyre not city bad, but theyre not as good as you think they are....i actually bottomed out today.

Back