Best coilovers for my wants

001Stunna

Reaction score
because people that dumb actually exist on this planet
I dont think its about that sticker falling off or "dumb" ppl existing. It's more that if that stickers get ruined from wear/tear so might your limited warranty. And a sticker is a damn sticker.

In addition OP please do your research regarding any company/customer serivce/issues etc with whatever product you decide to buy to avoid no surprises in the future.

.... look into tein basic/ss as well as you're not going for a great drop. Only downside of them is no separate spring locking perch and lower mount perch hence might not fit in for your preload adjustment need

Last edited:

Geewiz

Reaction score
I may relocate with my car to warmer climate after school. I've lived in NE Ohio my whole life. That being so, I'd like the option to drop more later. Plus my cashflow is good. I may be a college student but I have such good scholarships/grants that I usually make 1-2k a semester after my tuition is paid by those scholarships/grants, I've been on a very high salary engineering co-op this summer with an airfoil manufacturer, and next year I'll probably be with them for 46 weeks and just 8 weeks of summer school. I want to lower, 6spd MT swap, F23 rebuild (maaayyybbeeee a G23 swap, I know there are issues and I've read the threads), and boost in that order. The rest will be my savings for house down payment after school so I'm not blowing everything.

Thanks for the suggestions. The only adjustability all coilovers don't have are an easy way to change spring weights but this is why I want to damping control. Would AMR have a remanufacturing option to ever swap springs or would that be something to ask Andy directly at his company email?

And a question about fender rolling (hopefully small enough question not needing its own thread): I know it my range a bit by tire/wheel sizes and offsets but how far have different people dropped their cars before fender rolling was necessary?

Geewiz

Reaction score
ive never seen a 6MT on an F23.

if you ever decide to go FI then id stay with 5 longer gears. (read: F23 tranny)

Probably a good idea considering I just saw the cost of the 6 spd tranny swap thread and that's as if someone already has the 5spd i think. I'll read through the AT to 5spd guide off the master list thread and probably stick with that then. Rep for the suggestion

Geewiz

Reaction score
If it's a 6 speed it's for a J-series...

Duly noted! Should've read that better. This is my fun car, learning car and my only car for the near future but don't think I'll get rid of it for a long time! I make the best out of my four banger and a 5 spd tranny swap will be in order for that.

[email protected].

Reaction score
Would AMR have a remanufacturing option to ever swap springs or would that be something to ask Andy directly at his company email?

I bought my AMR's a few years back w/ 10/8 springs, and during the winter/rotten roads, I got tired of the harsh ride. I bought a pair of 6K springs from Andy, put them on the rear and moved the 8's up front. Better for the ride, worse for the scrapage.

So to answer your question, yes, you can change your mind anytime. In fact, Andy told me when I ordered, that I could swap the springs for free if I did it in the first month. You may get the same offer if you talk to him.

Back