BIG 3 Upgrade questions

mahfuzur

Reaction score
I was checking out the main big three 3 thread and all the pictures are dead and the link to check out another thread was dead. I just had a couple questions. I know its super simple, but I feel I'll wind up messing it up. Im somewhat hands on and to give an example of my tech level Ill list what I have done myself to the car. Ive replaced all 4 stock speakers as well the head unit and I've installed a SRI. (I can also change a tire :hihi:)

1) Does anyone have high res pics of there big three upgrade? Im looking to do it, and am just looking to see how you guys wired it and exactly to where. Im aware certain ground point can differ depending on how we want to do it.

2) What throws me off the most is every one calls it the big three upgrade but I always see more than 3 wires changed when people do it. I usually see 4 and cant find an explanation of what that fourth one is.

Nudes of my gf for help. (jk) or am I? yeah Im jk. Maybe Im not. Sike I am.
Please help.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
what, the pics Cody posted of when he did it aren't on anymore? I even posted pics of my finished job in there I think.

Nudes of my gf for help. (jk) or am I? yeah Im jk. Maybe Im not. Sike I am.
Please help.

I bet your gf is a hog :lawl:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
This is 2 of the big 3, will do the alternator to battery when I get my ANL fuse holder.

imag1521p.jpg

imag1522b.jpg

imag1523.jpg

imag1524.jpg

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Repped! I needed this too!

Thanks! You can also do the other ground, I think it connects to the transmission area? But some people don't bother doing that one.

You can pick up on 0AWG off ebay for cheap. Grab some ring terminals + battery terminal(optional if you want a cleaner look) while you're at it. Shouldn't cost anymore than $25.

You should be fine with 6ft 0awg wires, 4 ring terminals, and a negative battery terminal (Just make sure it fits 0awg wires for atleast 1)

mahfuzur

Reaction score
I bet your gf is a hog :lawl:
far from it :afro:
maybe ill post up some in celebration when i complete big 3.

This is 2 of the big 3, will do the alternator to battery when I get my ANL fuse holder.

great this is exactly what I was looking for.repped!
Just some questions.
I def can do the negative battery to ground chassis which is the bottom one in pic 1.
1)Where is the top one in picture 1 with the fuse going?

2) You say you still have to do the third of the big 3, so what is going in the second third and fourth pictures? Im assuming the second pic is chassis ground to engine block. It seems like pictures 3 and 4 are different angle shots of picture 2 but just want to make sure.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
anyone have pics for a v6?

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=858321&postcount=214

far from it :afro:
maybe ill post up some in celebration when i complete big 3.

great this is exactly what I was looking for.repped!
Just some questions.
I def can do the negative battery to ground chassis which is the bottom one in pic 1.
1)Where is the top one in picture 1 with the fuse going?

2) You say you still have to do the third of the big 3, so what is going in the second third and fourth pictures? Im assuming the second pic is chassis ground to engine block. It seems like pictures 3 and 4 are different angle shots of picture 2 but just want to make sure.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=801211&postcount=212

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=67899&postcount=16

Read through those post, they will explain everything

Edit: Look through the last 4 pages, they have almost everything there, just ground them nicely, there is many of ways you can ground the area's, but I did it this way because it was easiest for me.

sajin

Reaction score
In these pics, it shows the old ground wire and the new one.. I just went outside and I don't that that "old" ground wire.. :confused:
Okay so this is a picture of the OLD ground wire from the engine.
0806111259.jpg

and this is the new one.
0806111337.jpg

0806111337a.jpg

0806111323.jpg

Back