Blown Shock?? Please help me diagnose HUGE PICS

chomorro21

Reaction score
I have been having tons of noise from the front drivers side suspension and i lifted it up and couldnt find anything wrong. Well the sound has been getting a lot worse and now it starting to happen on the passenger side too now. I looked under the car this morning and i noticed all this fluid but i cant figure out where it is coming from. The top of my shock looks like it is cracked off, but i cant tell. What do you guys think?
IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0892_.jpg

Thanks for all your help.

chomorro21

Reaction score
The ride is fine. But when i go over a bump i hear this loud fast shifting of metal from the divers side suspension. But it rides fine, i mean before i had on sleeveovers and the ride was terrible so in comparison to that it rides great, but i have never experienced a stock accord ride.

DjC

Reaction score
Does it make a clunk sound?

I had a blown front driver side illuminas before and I was riding on them for months. It felt the same except it makes a clunking noise and it is more slighly bouncier. Hardly tell, even the mechanic thought that my strut bar was loose.

I had a feeling it was blown and when I took it off, it was.

chomorro21

Reaction score
Yes it does make a loud clunking sound, and i have had the car at a few mechanics and they havent been able to figure it out either but I just got some suggestions from honda tech and it looks like im going to be going for some new shocks, thanks a million for your help.

Next step is trying to figure out if i should replace all four just because, and what kind i should get. No idea how long the shocks have been on the car i bought it with them on it already, but i am sure the drop zone sleeveovers that were on the car when i bought it probably shortened the life of the shocks.

Any suggestions on what kind i should replace them with? I was thinking tokico blues, or the GR-2 set which are both affordable, i have also heard great things about The eibach Pro Damper kits, i might just go with them. I just need to decide if i want to replace them all of just the front, because the back dont make any noise and i am broke as hell so any money saved would be a good idea lol.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
I have the tokico blues and I love them. I would highly recommend them. I have them paired with Tein S-techs.

If it is the shocks then good luck! However, that goop looks like axle grease to me. Do you have a ripped CV boot?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Personally, I would say replae all 4 shocks.
Most of the time when the shocks are leaking, they're either shot or getting there

BostonAndy

Reaction score
I had a lot of clunking noises coming from my passenger's side wheel. Check your sway bar end links. The sway bar can cause a lot of noise if it is loose. I just replaced my links and the noise is gone. It was a pain in the *** though, those links did not want to come off.

chomorro21

Reaction score
I actually ended up replacing the front shocks and the noise was still there, the shock was blown but the new shock did not fix the noise. I bought all the parts i circled in this post http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6360 and after the install the noise is completely gone. Cost about 20 bucks in parts, but i only did one side. Im going to replace my rear shocks hopefully this weekend. But as of now now funny sounds :)

Back