Both O2 sensors

9450erick

Reaction score
i have both 02 sesnors not working
i have a hunch of wat might have caused them to fail
HUNCH- i needed to extend the primary sensor so i can put it on the flex pipe. so i just cut it and extended with like regular speaker wire.
was that okay?

nd for the cat O2 sensor i cut it so i could take the cat off but i ended up putting it back on again and just spiced the wires back.
i have not tried a new O2 sensor
i want to be sure its the sensor itself that failed nd not my extension of wiring that caused it to fail or recieve no signal
also should i put the primary O2 sensor back on the header itself?
thanx guys

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Why dont you just replace the O2 sensors before you do any other kind of modding to your car. Depending on what fouler you use, you will still need a O2 sensor in working order.

Any kind of cutting the wire harness, splicing, speaker wire or whatever confusion stuff your talking about will ruin your O2 sensor.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
For some reason, splicing O2 wires caused people trouble. I have no experience in this, its just things I've read.

9450erick

Reaction score
dame thats crazy.
even if u tape(electrical of coarse) the s**t out of it
+ shrink wrap
so it might not be the sensor itself that failed?

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
The sensor actually reads through the wires. Its hard to convey through text, just trust me on it though.

Yes, most likely your sensors are probably in perfect working order, but since you hacked all the wiring up, you have left yourself no choice but to get new sensors.

I recommend the Bosch universal since their installation requires splicing, which you seem to enjoy.

9450erick

Reaction score
^ hahaha i luv the suttle sarcasm
dame i knew i should have not cut them lol F**K!!!!:boo:
well ima try sealing the crap out of them nd then if that dont work ima buy the universal bosch 1's

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
do not cut and splice. The wires do not want to connect properly.
Do NOT buy universal denso or bosch 02 sensors, which will have cut and splice.
ONLY buy OEM parts please.
Recommended o2 sensor for 6thgen accords is, Denso. Autozone will be able to supply you with OEM Denso o2 sensor.

Back