Bought remaufactored transmission from Synchrotech + engine swap recommendations?

perldork

Reaction score
Hey all,

2002 Accourd Ex Coupe 2.3L ULEV 5-speed.

Transmission on my car died at a mere 280k (ha ha) - was looking at crazy prices from the dealer so instead I decided to get a remanufactured replacement - found Synchrotech through eBay, bought a remanufactored 5-speed manual for $715 with $155 shipping (free return shipping for the core) - and a 1 year parts/labor warranty on it.

Just had it installed two days ago and man - feels great. I was really nervous about buying a car part through eBay as was the shop I work with - turned out really well.

I should have taken a picture of the transmission as it was unboxed and posted it here - was beautiful.

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

So then next year hopefully a new engine and later in the year new upholstery and the car should be pretty rockin (based on the potential a car like this has).

I am thinking of getting a used Civic SI engine - I have read here about swapping for a Prelude engin to get the most BHP I can for a 4 banger but a number of people have steered me away from them saying they have major oil leak issues.

Any recommendations for engine swaps based on "beefing" up the engine from the current 138 HP / 138 torque it had when new (man is the acceleration getting soft now). More interested in performance than MPG.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Do what you can with the F23.

ihazsnail has a pretty impressive build with his, so you may want to check that out.

98eksedan

Reaction score
Are you wanting an engine you can use your new trans with? How much power are you looking for? Any goals?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Just boost the car. Dre as already dumped 10k+ on his k20/24 swap and it still isn't finished yet, will be soon.

G23, H swap, and boost the motor will be your best performance gains.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah. G23 or H swap. If you don't want your F. Although they can be pretty impressive if done right.

98eksedan

Reaction score
I agree with boosting the f series

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Snoobly

Reaction score
just boost the F. It takes it like a boss and is incredibly fun!

Snoobly

Reaction score
I dunno if the A1 headswap would be worth the money though..? Is the airflow any different?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
It's not. The vtech won't really do much to help anyways.

Therefore. G23, FI or NA, or boosted f23.

Back