Brakes and Rotors

Baby_Sly

Reaction score
Hey Guys! It's been so damn long since I have been on here. So many crazy **** has happened.

Anyhoo... I need some really good advices. My 98 Accord needs new brakes and Rotors for it's inspection and emissions *Required to pass* And I am looking for some good ones. I saw some that have slotted solid rotors, and some with slotted with holes on the rotors. What would you recommend for me to get? Plus a great deal, or a special for a pair or a set of 4. I have ABS.

Also for the brakes, what would you recommend as well? Again, any specials, or comes in a set and for both brakes and rotors: must last. I am looking into tire rack.com and see some hefty prices, but some good specials. I know you guys would probably recommend a good brand. Any advices is great. Please include some websites and I can check those out.

Thank you!

Emmi

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Brembo blanks or slotted, don't get drilled. As far as brake pads, seriously the best pads I have ever used were Wagner. Most of the performance ones either squeal or dust like crazy. You really don't need anything high performance anyway.

meximan16

Reaction score
aaaa the bright colors hurt my eyes!!! lol but it your not looking for performance just go to a napa, they have decent rotors

Baby_Sly

Reaction score
Shaved Accord, okay not a bad idea. I will check into that.

Meximan, lol sowwie... would u want pink? It could blind ya ;) How come you disagree with high performace? Just curious.

juicebox00

Reaction score
he doesn't recommend high performance brakes because most people on this site will never use the brakes to their capabilities and would be just fine with regular brakes.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Brembo blanks or slotted, don't get drilled. As far as brake pads, seriously the best pads I have ever used were Wagner. Most of the performance ones either squeal or dust like crazy. You really don't need anything high performance anyway.

+1

my wagner thermoquiet is awesome with the brembo blanks

001Stunna

Reaction score
Wagner thermoquiet pads and rotors and they've been good to me for awhile now. Picked them up of rockauto.com

meximan16

Reaction score
am just saying, if your not gonna be 60-0 braking then you wouldn't really need em but to look good. i got mine from napa and they work really good for a dd........pink? lol i think yellow would be better

Baby_Sly

Reaction score
Juicebox00 - true. Sounds like it would be a waste of money if high performance wasn't useful...

DarkSideAccord, that sounds very convincing for me. Thank you :)

001stunna, thank you for the website I will definitely check it out. Now I can see the brands that y'all have recommend will help me decide.

meximan, if I was needing good rotors and brakes to stop from 60 - 0 sec is if some stupid Utah idiot doesn't watch what the he'll he/she is doing and thinking their van is bigger than m and cut me off... It's happened quite a few times. I would want something excellent and safe. Yellow?? Mmm that's to bland and hard to see. I guess we all agree with flat black.

Last edited:
Back