Brakes Vibration

dtraill27

Reaction score
i have the very same problem. i just did my brakes in march and they were fine for 3 months tops. my brakes are always sqeaking now so i need to buy more of the desqueak spray and spray my rotors

finch13

Reaction score
1. Squeak spray is bs, just like belt spray. Its a bandaid, not a fix. You need to tear the brakes apart and lube the slide pins and the back of the pads. Wouldn't hurt to grind down the tabs on the pads so they slide in the caliper easier.

2. To the OP, you've got to be braking hard. You're either braking harder than the rotors can dissipate heat or your letting soft pads sit on hot rotors at a stoplight, leaving sticky deposits the can cause a pulsing/jerky stop at low speeds. Likely you warped the rotors, but you can try getting them turned first. If only worry about the fronts for now to save money, they do most of the braking.

I don't recommend ceramic type pads on stock or auto part store rotors, they simply cannot handle the amount of heat those pads generate. Ive warped 2 sets of cheap rotors using nice pads, even my Hawk HPS pads have warped my OEM rotors.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
brandon, how are ceramic pads hotter than metallic-based pads? :thinking: i thought it was the other way round

OP, did u happen to wash ur car or get any water on the rotors after driving it? that could have caused ur rotors to warp as well... btw, why didn't u resurface the rotors when doing the pads?

finch13

Reaction score
brandon, how are ceramic pads hotter than metallic-based pads? :thinking: i thought it was the other way round

I went from ceramic to semi-metallic and the rotors didn't warp as easily after that. I'm no brake pads expert, that's just my experience. Bottom line, you probably shouldn't be running race pads on stock or cheapo replacement rotors. That's like boosting 15 pounds without touching the internals.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
branndon so should i still buy the hawk hps pads then cuz i need some new brake pads. i dont do any hard braking since i drive in the city wheres there a stop light or stop sign every god dam block... :sad:

kcollazo86

Reaction score
2. To the OP, you've got to be braking hard. You're either braking harder than the rotors can dissipate heat or your letting soft pads sit on hot rotors at a stoplight, leaving sticky deposits the can cause a pulsing/jerky stop at low speeds. Likely you warped the rotors, but you can try getting them turned first. If only worry about the fronts for now to save money, they do most of the braking.

I don't recommend ceramic type pads on stock or auto part store rotors, they simply cannot handle the amount of heat those pads generate. Ive warped 2 sets of cheap rotors using nice pads, even my Hawk HPS pads have warped my OEM rotors.

I really don't do any hard stops im mostly on the highway most of the time. As soon as I put those pads I had problem with them. Im not very sure if me leaving them squeek the way they would caused the rotor to warped and get the way they are now.

OP, did u happen to wash ur car or get any water on the rotors after driving it? that could have caused ur rotors to warp as well... btw, why didn't u resurface the rotors when doing the pads?

Probably, I wash my car constantly. Maybe alittle to much lol so maybe that could be the problem....The reason beging why I didn't resurface the rotor was the rotors are still Basically new there not even 6 months old I didn't think I would have needed to get them resurfaced, me just thinking it was the pads and not my rotors.

jwong512

Reaction score
Would it be safe to spray that Brake and Wheel cleaner stuff on my rotors? I used to do that when I washed my car to get all the brake dust out. Sometimes I would even spray some on the pads as well >.>

dtraill27

Reaction score
ever since i started doing my own brakes ive been having issues i guess im going to start having someone do them for me. maybe its just the ****ty parts from autozone

Last edited:

nomocars23

Reaction score
By the way that it sounds. By now seems like Accord rotors and driving them while they're in need of resurface/replacing is in style lol more people then I thought having the same problem lol

yeah lamo this has been happening to me for ever and ... i just role on it .... my pads are good so i still stop lol.... and since when do wee need to worry about stoping id just be happy to go fast enough to worry about stoping lol

Fuzz

Reaction score
Hey guys. First I would like to say don't bother with re-surfacing the rotor because the cost of turning vs new is the same for Honda.

Shaking under braking can be the rotor being warped or partly glazed over which happens with cheap pads.

I've been doing track events for 2 years with the Accord using cheap jobber rotors and Hawk HP+ pads. I've rarely warped a rotor to the point of shaking. The key is with the bedding process.

You need to properly heat up the brake discs slowly to working temperature and then letting them cool down completely. You can even do it in an oven. After they have cooled you need to use light braking for 400 miles.

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING PERFORMANCE PADS
After that you can install your new aggressive pads and then do the pad bedding per the instructions for the pads.

Back