Buying a car long distance

jcanni

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying to buy a car from a member on another board. The car is located in CA and I'm in MA. Car is super clean and has been inspected. These escrow services seem pretty sketchy. What can I do to protect myself? The seller doesn't want to use Paypal.

Thanks,

John

rooky

Reaction score
Best advice is to buy the same car in your state because if he doesn't want to use PayPal it smells fishy. Plus the car delivery service is gonna be half of what you paid for the car. Some car delivery services charge you by the miles, zip code, size, and state. You can go online to get a quote but it wont be accurate due to additional taxes and fees will be added. Good luck, OH I just remember that if you are purchasing "a puss in a bag" best to use a credit card because you can always make a claim for fraud in the event of buying something that didn't turn out right.

patco

Reaction score
According to me, it's not a good idea to purchase a car ... ONLINE ... I'd go to place and check it myself! ;)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ +1.

Most definitely. I wouldn't, even if I knew the person. If they were my relatives or something, maybe. But you never know until you see the car in your own eyes.

Back