CA smog with turbo!!!

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
We don't have hurricanes though :skurred:

Eh.. Hurricanes do suck yes. Significant ones come far & few in between, though. I've lived in Orlando, Florida for 11 years & have only lost power for more than a few seconds ONE time due to a hurricane. Hurricane Charlie, 2002 or '03 if I'm not mistaken, granted it was for almost 2 weeks. That's the beauty of living smack dab in the middle of Florida, hurricanes lose power before they hit you. The part that sucks is the god-awful humidity. The mornings are insane. Its like 80 degrees at 7AM. With 90-95% humidity. Humidity drops steadily to 60% or so mid day, but the suns out in full-force by then and the temperature increases to 90+. 95+ on a bad day so it doesn't even matter. Then there is the night time... low 80's & 70%+ humidity at 8pm, temperatures drop to mid 70's by 3-5am but humidity steadily increases to 95%+ until the sun comes out @ 6:45 -_-... It sucks, it's a terrible cycle & it feels like 90 degrees outside pretty much all day.

sorry for the rant lol. I need to get back up to cooler weather :(

Olddohc

Reaction score
new smog regulations...??

yeah you guys gotta follow politics and vote because the tree huggers are killing us. There is a new clean air act that is official in 2014 I believe and there is currently a new STAR system. OP you should have had the original owner of the del sol smog it as part of the deal. Anyway, yeah at this point you kind of have to bite the bullet. But you said its an A3 motor right? Im pretty sure that is the original b16 meant for the del sol so at least you have that going for you. Just get the stock parts and ECU like the other guy said and you should be fine. Some shops are cool and will look the other way as long as you blow clean. Maybe get a cat and see if it will pass just like that. Make sure your timing is good too.

xlino

Reaction score
If you have family out of calif register your car in their state. Other states are not as strict as calif.

Olddohc

Reaction score
^^^^
yep, someone you trust. arizona only has a sniffer for phoenix residents

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
You can also get a friend with an unmodified Del Sol to help you out. The smog test station will run your car's numbers but hook up your friend's Del Sol to the smog machine.

Finding a station that will do it for you, that's on you.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
^^
Shops still charge $200-$300 for that also. Unless you know the shop owner, no random smog shop is gonna risk it. Why? You do it, pass, tell people about it, then one big mouth will ruin it for everyone and say bye bye to the shop.

Back