Camber help plz :(

turbo_911

Reaction score
How low are you? are you tucking in your tires? My car tucked tires a little and I didn't need front camber kit and it was fine. Make sure you get your TOE corrected and you will be fine. I drove 10k miles and my tires were still fine.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys im thinking in getting INGALLS FRONT CONTROL ARM for my car but i was wondering which one is better -2° to +1-1/4° OR +1° to +4° i am a noob when it come to this stuff i really need your help and also is this a good brand to get ? any better ones

i have function form type 2 and yea i do cause i went to get aliment and i need camber adjustment

Since you got the alignment done read the printout of your alignment spec and choose which one works best.

Lets say you want -1 or zero camber and your print out says you have over -2 camber right now.. then you get the +1 to +4.

shrek78

Reaction score
Firstly, unless you're really slammed camber in the front doesn't get as bad as that in the rear.
...but lets think of this a bit logically. you're lowering your car and hence getting negative camber by doing so. you want a kit that can give you positive camber to bring you back to spec.
Hence just from that i'd pick the one that gives you +1 -> +4° but keep in mind the fact that to be able to fit some wheels for that flush look you might want to keep a bit of negative camber which would make me suggest -2° to +1-1/4°.

So in the end...how low are you going? and what look are you going for?

im trying to go kinda low well low enough to look nice so like a finger wide from tire to fender or maybe half but yea which one would you recommend more im not trying to stick out my tires out but yea

shrek78

Reaction score
How low are you? are you tucking in your tires? My car tucked tires a little and I didn't need front camber kit and it was fine. Make sure you get your TOE corrected and you will be fine. I drove 10k miles and my tires were still fine.

yea my toe is good i got it alight when i dropped it and also yesterday but the inside of my tires are almost gone already :( it hast only been 4 months or so so thats why the guy said i need a camber kit

001Stunna

Reaction score
yea my toe is good i got it alight when i dropped it and also yesterday but the inside of my tires are almost gone already :( it hast only been 4 months or so so thats why the guy said i need a camber kit

Did you drive four months with no alignment?
or
Did you get an alignment 2-3 weeks after you lowered the car and now after 4 months your inner tire tread is worn more then usual?

shrek78

Reaction score
Did you drive four months with no alignment?
or
Did you get an alignment 2-3 weeks after you lowered the car and now after 4 months your inner tire tread is worn more then usual?

i got alignment before i lower my car so it was all good

now 4 months later i went to get a rotation on my tires and there the guy told me my alignment was bad and i need a camber kit cause my care does not have one and that my tires were really bad so yea that why i was wondering what can be a good brand cause i am off by i think -1.5 he said almost -2 and if getting the control arm is better the little ball looking thing and this is for the front

001Stunna

Reaction score
i got alignment before i lower my car so it was all good

now 4 months later i went to get a rotation on my tires and there the guy told me my alignment was bad and i need a camber kit cause my care does not have one and that my tires were really bad so yea that why i was wondering what can be a good brand cause i am off by i think -1.5 he said almost -2 and if getting the control arm is better the little ball looking thing and this is for the front

Ok here's where you went wrong. Youre supposed to get an alignment AFTER your lower the car not BEFORE.

Your before alignment changed once you lowered the car...which means for 4 months and going you're driving with unproper toe/camber on all four wheels.

Go get an alignment now and ask the shop to set your toe to spec (as close to 0 as possible) and not worry about the camber. Post up the results of the alignment here as you may not really need a camber kit.

Front toe: 0 ±2 mm (0 ±1/16 inch)
Rear toe-in: 2 ±2 mm (1/16 ±1/16 inch)

Last edited:

shrek78

Reaction score
Ok here's where you went wrong. Youre supposed to get an alignment AFTER your lower the car not BEFORE.

Your before alignment changed once you lowered the car...which means for 4 months and going you're driving with unproper toe/camber on all four wheels.

Go get an alignment now and ask the shop to set your toe to spec (as close to 0 as possible) and not worry about the camber. Post up the results of the alignment here as you may not really need a camber kit.

Front toe: 0 ±2 mm (0 ±1/16 inch)
Rear toe-in: 2 ±2 mm (1/16 ±1/16 inch)

yea i got an aliment today and he set it to 0 for both toes but my camber is still of by 1.5 degrees so he told me to go and get a camber kit and i found these camber kit with control armd

001Stunna

Reaction score
yea i got an aliment today and he set it to 0 for both toes but my camber is still of by 1.5 degrees so he told me to go and get a camber kit and i found these camber kit with control armd

can you post up the sheet you were given with the before and after values. as the front is supposed to be 0mm, but the rear is supposed to have a toe-in of 2mm even though your shop should have this listed in degrees instead probably.

as for -1.5 degrees of camber. you DON'T need a camber kit...and i'm probably the person that would say go get one in here but not for just -1.5 degrees of camber.

Last edited:

shrek78

Reaction score
can you post up the sheet you were given with the before and after values. as the front is supposed to be 0mm, but the rear is supposed to have a toe-in of 2mm.

as for -1.5 degrees of camber. you DON'T need a camber kit...and i'm probably the person that would say go get one in here but not for just -1.5 degrees of camber.

ok ill go to the shop tomorrow and the report cause stuff like this i suck lol so yea thanks alot for the help lol and ill tell you the number throw a message if that ok with you

Latest posts

Back