Cammed!! G23 NonVtec build-in progress

Egi7

Reaction score
Decision made.......................Iam going with the hybrid now. I was going to go to Fl to let Carlos do it, but since i cant get there, I have a honda technician friend in town that has taken the task of doing it. He has unlimited knowledge about honda's wiring system and has performed many swaps, so I trust him. Next week the swap starts, and hopefully it will be completed by the following week. ;)

Sonnick

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
Decision made.......................Iam going with the hybrid now. I was going to go to Fl to let Carlos do it, but since i cant get there, I have a honda technician friend in town that has taken the task of doing it. He has unlimited knowledge about honda's wiring system and has performed many swaps, so I trust him. Next week the swap starts, and hopefully it will be completed by the following week. ;)
:peace: !!! I'm SO glad you're valves bent. LOL.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
oooo.... looks like we're both gonna be doing it at the same time.... i wish u luck :beer:

S-spec

Reaction score
Ur valves bent from picking up water?! I have hydrolocked a motor before, and the RODS should go before you bend a valve...

I hydrolocked a b20vtec, and ended up with 2 bent rods. Did you open up the bottom end to verify? Or you just assume its the valves?

Also, best way to dry out the motor after sucking in water is to undo the spark plugs and crank it a few times so the water can escape and there is no compression to hurt ur rods!

Anyway, there is a 3rd swap going on as well! ;)

Egi7

Reaction score
S-spec does have a point. Me and my friend skirtech (technician) were talking last night about potential block damage that this inccident could have caused , since there is no way of knowing until you see it. We made the assumption of the valves on at the spur of the moment. So tommorrow we are taking apart the motor to see what all has been damaged. If there is block damage, ie: dented pistons, bent rods, then iam motor swapping to full H22. If the block is fine then the head swap (g23 hybrid) will continue. I will keep you updated.

-Mike

S-spec

Reaction score
I am almost 95% sure the clacking is from bent rods...I had the same symptoms after my puddle incident :(

Pulled the head off, was perfect. Sold it mint to some guy...opened the oil pan, and cried :furious: Actually, I think I still have the rods/pistons from that motor...I'll see if I can find em and take some pics!

But yeah, let us know!! And so sorry to hear too :(

Last edited:

Egi7

Reaction score
Alright guys....we took apart the motor today to find that 2 rods are bent, a hole in the block and bent valves. Basically the motor is FULLY blown :( , and there is no salvaging it. I hate to dissapoint yall, but iam swaping to full H22, using the money from the insurance. I will prob be selling my G23 conversion kit, which includes everything a f23 accord needs to convert to G23 non vtec and more. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^damn.... tht sux bro.... but the h22 is a good route too ;)

btw, do u already have all the gaskets for the G23? if u do, i might buy them off ya :D and a f23 water pump too if u have a new one

Back