Can anybody link me a pair of reliable hid projectors on Aliexpress?

CarNewbie

Reaction score
Sup guys trying to buy a pair of hid projectors for a retrofit. I found a link on youtube to a pair of replica morimotos for cheap, but the seller does not sell them anymore. I would buy the real deal one if I could afford it, but I am a broke college kid who just want nice headlights and a project to work on. I am having trouble finding them on Aliexpress however, so if anyone knows a link to another pair I would greatly appreciate it!

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I bought a set from aliexpress about a month ago used the same ones a member here made a YouTube video of. Check on YouTube 6th gen accord retrofit. It won't let me post the link for some reason

Last edited:

CarNewbie

Reaction score
Nice I didn't think to check amazon. What ballast and bulbs did you buy or are they all pretty much the same? I think I am going to go ahead and buy the ones you linked the reviews look good

604ACCORD

Reaction score
The ones I got came with ballast and bulbs nice quality make sure you color mod them it makes a huge difference in the color of the light. Pm me I can show u how.

guytv

Reaction score

I got those too. They work. For some reason I can't get the color to project the color I want. When I put 5000k bulbs it looks like 4300K. When I put 6000k bulbs it looks like 5000K. However, it doesn't project the white-ish color I want like how I had it without the retrofit projectors. However, you can see the color change on the projectors well but it just does not output the color you see from the projector.

Another thing I realize about the projectors is that it does not create a clean cutoff line. For one headlight, there is like two cutoffs. One is more brighter than the other. I realize that the two cutoff lines are created by the headlights that we have. There are lines on the headlights. If you tried sliding your hand from the top down you will see what I am saying. I started looking at cars online that have projectors from factory and most of the headlights have smooth surface.

But either way it still is good to have retrofits on our cars.:waytogo:

guytv

Reaction score
The ones I got came with ballast and bulbs nice quality make sure you color mod them it makes a huge difference in the color of the light. Pm me I can show u how.

What is color mod? Maybe that is what I need to do. Read my last post I wrote on this thread. Maybe that is the problem that I am running into with the color.:shrug:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Color mod is when u space the lens from the bulb housing. It creates a cleaner cutoff and makes the cutoff have color flicker

Here's before the mod

Here's after

Here's up close before this mod there was no color at all now you can see the blue and purple this is with 6000k

CarNewbie

Reaction score

Nice, it doesn't mention anything about it coming with ballast or bulbs now so I guess ill buy a set from amazon or something. Ill hit you up when they come in, from your pictures it does make a big difference. I was looking into putting a led strip on the bottom is that relatively easy to do? I never opened a headlight before so not sure how it would even look

Back