Can lower ball joints be purchased from Honda?

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Order the lower ball joints for a 97 accord which are sold alone without the knuckle, they are a direct bolt on for your car. Thats what i did with mine because i only wanted OEM parts, they are $18 a piece at majestic.

This is great to know.
Now I'm curious why, if it's the same part, they don't just sell them separate from the knuckle for the 6th gen as well.

Are the ball joints hard to replace? I thought you needed a press to get them in.
I was gonna take it somewhere but if it's something I can do myself I might save the money. I was planning on having a hub and bearing replaced as well though so i still might end up just having it all done at the same time.

metrick1235

Reaction score
This is great to know.
Now I'm curious why, if it's the same part, they don't just sell them separate from the knuckle for the 6th gen as well.

Are the ball joints hard to replace? I thought you needed a press to get them in.
I was gonna take it somewhere but if it's something I can do myself I might save the money. I was planning on having a hub and bearing replaced as well though so i still might end up just having it all done at the same time.

Not that bad to replace.. but you do need a press or a balljoint press tool... or if your brave/dumb... Hammer works... If your doing the bearing do it at the same time...

swollen_cu

Reaction score
^I use the hammer method. Works great. I hit the balljoont with a solid piece of pipe to knock it out/in

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Not that bad to replace.. but you do need a press or a balljoint press tool... or if your brave/dumb... Hammer works... If your doing the bearing do it at the same time...

Would you guys recommend going OEM for the hub and bearing as well? Bearings are really expensive.

Also, if I do the bearing do I actually NEED to do the hub as well or is the hub reusable?

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Back