Can't get my Neuspeed bar on the struts.

Rush12049

Reaction score
So I had to take my Neuspeed and my TL strut bar off to have my mechanic do a power steering hose recently, and now I can't get my Neuspeed bar back on. I can get one side down, and the other just sits on top of the bolts. I've tried everything, from putting up one side, to putting the whole car on a lift and having both wheels in the air. Any suggestions?

333e615.jpg

2chrl2p.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Had to do this with my tl strut bar. I hit it with a rubber mallet. Give it some convincing. Id loosen the other side though

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
never had this problem with the tl bar, but always with the neuspeed one. you do have to have the whole front end off the ground and i always loosened all the top hat nuts and removed the obvious ones haha. but you may need to wiggle the shocks around just to free up a little space...it would help to have a friend help. or you could loosen one and pull it as far to the side as you can, and tighten it but not the bar end, then wiggle the other around until you can get the bar on.

Varnell

Reaction score
^Yep. Lift the front end off the ground. Loosen the strut tower nuts to allow a little play. A rubber mallet finishes the job. I don't recommend putting one side all the way down while trying to get the other side to fit.

J0hnalex

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to give it some persuasion lol.
When re-attaching make sure to try to slide bolts in evenly on both sides so nothing gets hung up.

But if all else fails smack it with rubber mallet!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Always worked for me to jack up one side, slide one side on but keep the mounting plate at the top of the studs, then position the other side which always got it close. Then use a rubber mallet.

Make sure whatever side you're using the mallet on is as close to the correct position as possible, dont want to ruin the threads.

Back