Car accident question..

eggs

Reaction score
every dealership can run a carfax but there is no way that they can prove that the accident caused the srs light to on bc that would have been fixed in the accident when it happend

oh you suck for editing your post to say exactly what i said

Last edited:

vtecboi24

Reaction score
I work for a Honda Dealership and honestly we wouldn't run a carfax on a car in the service department. The best thing to do is bring it in and have them find out what the codes are and that will tell you what is wrong with the SRS system. Most of the it's a seatbelt buckle which are covered for lifetime. Keep me posted or PM me with any concerns.

MAR387

Reaction score
Thanks vtecboi. Do you know if they ask me if i was in an accident and I tell them about it, does that automatically take any liability off of them? I'm not here to scam anyone or anything, I just don't want them to find out the truth and they automatically tell me that whatever is wrong, no matter what, is coming out of my pocket.

juicebox00

Reaction score
just reset it yourself. not hard and they tend to come on a lot on our cars. mines come on twice for no reason. so i just reset it. it is the easy way though and if something is wrong you wont know about it. but if something is wrong it would probably come up again

Johnson

Reaction score
^+1
if you reset it and it comes back on then you really have a problem.

vtecboi24

Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter about the accident. They probably won't even ask you. Just go in knowing you have to pay for the diagnosis, and then go from there. It's most likely not related to the accident because it was so long ago.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Resetting the air bags is not going to fix the problem. However, It can be a very crude way of diagnosis.

I had the same problem in my accord.

I narrowed it down to my drivers side seat belt buckle sensor.

When I reset my SRS light, every time I buckled my drivers side seat belt. It came on.

I reset it again, this time I buckled it into the passenger side. It didn't come on

I bought a new seat belt with sensor for like $60 off ebay. I installed it and it hasn't came back since.

It is true, %80 of the SRS related issues are that sensor. However, on other occasions Honda reports it could be the Seat Position Sensor inside your seat. It detects the position on your seat while you drive. Honda claimed cell phones on your seat while you drive may cause this malfunction, I dunno about that, but that's what I read.

If your car is a clean and clear title. Take it to Honda, its lifetime. I would have taken mine, but my car is a salvage title or totaled title.

vtecboi24

Reaction score
Other then the seatbelt buckle failure it could be the OPDS unit in the seat, and some cars have warranty extensions on those, so you could be in the clear all together.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Who hasn't had their SRS light randomly come on and go off at some point during their ownership?!?!?!

just bring it in, tell them somethings messed up, have them fix it. It should be free, or $50 maximum, since it's safety related.

Right Tom?

vtecboi24

Reaction score
Who hasn't had their SRS light randomly come on and go off at some point during their ownership?!?!?!

just bring it in, tell them somethings messed up, have them fix it. It should be free, or $50 maximum, since it's safety related.

Right Tom?

Most likely Kevin. SRS can be tricky if there is really something failing, but most of the time it's covered under warranty. Definately not something to stress about.

Back