Car bogs when stepping on the gas

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
coolant should have nothing to do with it. unfortunatly, i can't be there and see what the problem is, so i have to guess and say that the new iacv may be faulty. i can't verify it but that is my guess at the moment

5spdSedan

Reaction score
well it didn't do this before we replaced it, then once we did it happened. Then we put the old one back in and same problem. I wasn't the one that replaced it my dad did and im guessing since he was to dumb enough to disconnect the battery before disconnecting anything electrical, he must of shorted or miss calibrated something like when he pulled the plug on the tps and the one on the actual IACV. so we might take it in since we can't figure anything out and it seems like this problem is far beyond my capabilities.

5spdSedan

Reaction score
no CELs well there was a check engine light on earlier. but i don't know if it will still be on when i go out there tomorrow to see if i can fix it again.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
no CELs well there was a check engine light on earlier. but i don't know if it will still be on when i go out there tomorrow to see if i can fix it again.

if the CEL is still there then jump the OBD II port and read the flashes of the CEL. there is a DIY if you dont know what im talking about.

if not, the code is stored and will need to be taken somewhere to be retrieved with a code reader.

Jecht

Reaction score
if the CEL is still there then jump the OBD II port and read the flashes of the CEL. there is a DIY if you dont know what im talking about.

if not, the code is stored and will need to be taken somewhere to be retrieved with a code reader.

auto zone will read your codes for free and give you the print out. this is your best bet as its better then guessing and throwing random parts at the problem.

finch13

Reaction score
Did you take off the upper plenum to replace the IACV or do the "reach around" method :naughty:.

It sounds like the MAP sensor isn't picking up the vacuum change. Or the IAT. Make sure everything is plugged in!

5spdSedan

Reaction score
the reach around. well ill look into it more its not going anywhere til tomorrow. so ill take it to autozone now and ill check everything before going.

Back