car doesnt start

dumpedaccord69

Reaction score
yeah thats a pretty good price but if would hold off on the pump thats good and you said you have checked the alternator and if you did have your mechanic check the ignition switch

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
well my alt. is pretty new got it about a month ago....but the ignition switch i totally forgot about ima tell him to check that up before putting in the fuel pump....by the way is there any way i can check the ignition switch myself and if so how?

dumpedaccord69

Reaction score
yeah you can check it yourself its underneath the steering column if it is that the contact points will look like they have been tampered with and the solder with be moved as well as check for spliced wires

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
quick ? before i check why would any wires be spliced or tampered with if no 1 has been under there

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
ok,i tried to start the car and again it didnt crank and i need it to start to get it to the shop tomorrow so what i do? i pushed my car to the street where the ground is lifted upward a little and had the front of the car lookin upward so basically the front of the car was lifted and it started 1st try ... fuel pump ?

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
When you checked the pump for voltage did you back probe the connector? If you just unplugged the connector from the pump and tested to see if there was voltage on that side of the connector you might still not have power going to the other side. It may be possible that you have a bad connector or one that has become corroded which would cause a voltage drop. You may also want to take the pump out and check the filter (I think on our generation its attached to the pump, correct me if I am wrong) maybe it is just clogged and you could clean it or while you have the pump out just power the pump directly, then you'll know for sure whether it really is the pump. Just try checking as much as you are able to so you don't have to keep throwing parts at it. Check everything, all connectors, pins, wires, grounds, and loads.
Hope this helps and I hope I didn't steer you in the wrong direction.

Back