car doesnt start

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
so im at my job and i went to go to lunch or try to go to lunch and when i tryed to start my car it cranks but doesnt start and my battery light and door lights on my dash flicker everytime i let off ???? any one know what could cause it not to start .no cel on

njmodi

Reaction score
So it cranks fine, but just doesn't catch? Either you're not getting fuel, or it's flooded (at least those are the first two things that come to mind)...

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
yea itll crank and crank but wont start. i recently been having a idle problem its rough when im coming to a stop itll feel like its about to turn off could that lead to this problem and my battery shouldnt have a problem its a yellow top optima . should i try to jump start it anyways ?

njmodi

Reaction score
Does it start if you try to give it gas? If it's cranking strong - it's not a battery issue. Almost sounds like something has come unplugged/disconnected in the engine bay.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i dont think you can "flood" fuel injection type of engine now days.... :coffee:

do you hear fuel pump working when you plug in the key?
could be
fuel pump/filter
dizzy
starter.......

njmodi

Reaction score
i dont think you can "flood" fuel injection type of engine now days.... :coffee:

do you hear fuel pump working when you plug in the key?
could be
fuel pump/filter
dizzy
starter.......

Actually I think you can. A lot of cars have a mode where if you start with pedal at WOT it signals the ECU to clear a flood condition.

I know not everything on the internet is true... ;) but here is an excerpt from:

http://www.freeengineinfo.com/engine-flooded.htm

"The third option is to hold the throttle wide open. In a carbureted vehicle, the air moving through the carb won’t suck fuel when held WOT if the engine is not running. In fuel injected vehicles the ecm, ecu, computer won’t send any fuel through the injectors if the gas petal is held wide open."

Cheers.

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
so i got my car towed to one of my friends shops and when they dropped it down he cranked it and ...it freakin started ! ......wtf ?

99F23VTech

Reaction score
Ugh you have a loose connection somewhere...Check all grounds and what not to the starter and battery... Because if it was towed and than it cranked just find it might have wiggled something back into place with a good connection or something... i would check all your electical.

Back