Car Meet to Help Support Victims of the Typhoon in the Philippines

cyellow

Reaction score
From MacFly on Mfestforum.com:

As many of you know already, and the media has circulated, Typhoon Ondoy has submerge major parts of the Philippines. At this point, estimates from varying sources are 140 people have been killed, several thousand are still missing and hundreds of thousands have been displaced. News reports state that this is the worst rainfall the country has seen in 40 years. The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that Ondoy's total rainfall was 410mm, while Hurricane Katrina's was 380mm in New Orleans. Lack of an early warning system, and the low-levels of governmental support and action, are all issues that Americans can relate too.

In efforts to help, I have organized a fundraiser - in conjunction with BJ's and the American Red Cross - to help raise money.

Each supporter who brings in a BJ’s custom flyer will have 15% of the amount of
their meal check (pre-tax & no alcohol) donated directly to American Red Cross towards relief to flood victims in the Philippines.

I will attach the flyer to this post as soon as i get it finalized. In addition, i will also have fliers with me at the Pacific BMW meet this Sunday in Glendale.

Wednesday, October 7th
5pm to Midnight
251 Stonewood Street
Downey , CA 90241
562-231-0820

For those of you who can't make it for one reason or another, but would still like to donate; you can do so by donating directly with the American Red Cross. Pls make sure that "Typhoon Ondoy" is selected in the "Project/Activity" drop down.

I thank you all in advance for your support!!

Back