car redlines with no gas being applied

ACCORD ACE

Reaction score
hey i need summ help asap..i was driving my car home today and then my car just started going by itself as if the throttle was wide open . ...i got it to stop by turning off the key..now when i try to start my car it automatically redlines without me even touching the gas. no matter what gear im in it continues to redline. my friends say it might be a bad sensor . a vaccum leak in my egr or iacv ....if you guys have any ideas or have had this problem please give me advise how to fix the problem thankss..

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Just now thinking about even I doubt the egr would leak probably dirt and needs cleaning as well the iacv but check the senors like accord 786 said if faulty you might have to change the whole throttle body

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
what kind of intake do you have

sounds like your throttle body is stuck open ( malfunctioning or something is stuck not letting it close

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
check to make sure your throttle plate isn't stuck (see if you can move it back and forth by hand).

Does it have a check engine light on?

DabbiFresh

Reaction score
same thing happened to me a little while back it was carbon build up in the throttle body causing it to stick.

Back