Car Shakes When Starting

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my Tranny would rev itself in park I'm just saying from a guy who had a v6 and experienced these problems. maybe its not the Tranny but just saying. and anything is possible. just cause you say it can't doesn't mean someone hasn't had that problem. did you ever own a crappy v6 auto?

That's your engine revving in park, it's physically impossible for your transmission to rev without the engine. The engine moves the transmission, not the other way around. No, not anything is possible, certain things only work certain ways unless you're some amazing engineer that wants to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not sure how much easier I can explain this or dumb it down for you without referring you to howstuffworks.com...hell..go there anyways. And no, I didnt own a ****box auto V6, but I did own a ****box auto 4cyl and had my transmission go out as well.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
This happened to me (sort of) when my EGR valve was done for as well as the port being clogged.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
my Tranny would rev itself in park I'm just saying from a guy who had a v6 and experienced these problems. maybe its not the Tranny but just saying. and anything is possible. just cause you say it can't doesn't mean someone hasn't had that problem. did you ever own a crappy v6 auto?

That's your engine revving in park, it's physically impossible for your transmission to rev without the engine. The engine moves the transmission, not the other way around. No, not anything is possible, certain things only work certain ways unless you're some amazing engineer that wants to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not sure how much easier I can explain this or dumb it down for you without referring you to howstuffworks.com...hell..go there anyways. And no, I didnt own a ****box auto V6, but I did own a ****box auto 4cyl and had my transmission go out as well.

lol.

C'mon guy.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Well guys thanks for the help. It only did it once, and then it stopped. I doubt in was my transmission, but I could be wrong. I bet its my EGR, because I doubt it has ever been cleaned, but who knows. Anyway, I'll ask my friend down here what he thinks is up. Hes a Honda Mechanic with one of our Accords, lol.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Lol im just going to drop the topic and just read on :coffee:.
But glad it stopped OP. Hopefully you find out what it is before it gets worse.

Back