Car shutting off

DFoster0

Reaction score
Recently I drove my car unknowingly into a street drain which I didn't realize was so deep. Anyways my car sputtered out and after I waited about 5 or 10mins I managed to turn back on. Next day the rain started again, I hit some puddles nothing really deep and the car shut off once again, but like before I pulled over it started up a minute later and I continued to drive home without it turning off again. So, guys any idea where to start trying to fix this? Also, keep in mind I have no fender or engine lining. I'm thinking that's probably the cause, but any feedback would be appreciated.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Recently I drove my car unknowingly into a street drain which I didn't realize was so deep. Anyways my car sputtered out and after I waited about 5 or 10mins I managed to turn back on. Next day the rain started again, I hit some puddles nothing really deep and the car shut off once again, but like before I pulled over it started up a minute later and I continued to drive home without it turning off again. So, guys any idea where to start trying to fix this? Also, keep in mind I have no fender or engine lining. I'm thinking that's probably the cause, but any feedback would be appreciated.

1/Get fender liners and engine under lining.
2/Stop driving into puddles, street drains.
3/Even though it might make no or very minimal difference now, take out sparkplugs and crank the engine. Add a tiny drop of oil in each cylinder afterwards and repeat. Re-install sparkplugs and follow #2

WilDFirE

Reaction score
look into WD-40 which can be used to displace water, but do not use while the engine is running, read up on it before using it.

Back