car unknown sickness

jerico

Reaction score
HERE WE GO!!! i reset my comp box by removing the "back up acc fuse" (just read the method on google) then the codes are GONE!!! now no CEL and no CODES :) :) :)
tried running the car and it was a lot better!!!

heres wt bugging me, why i got those 3,7 codes... (code says it has to do with MAP and TPS sensors).... and when i reset it it was gone and the car smoothly runs a lot better... do i have to EXPECT the codes to come back soon and the problem still there :( wt are the possiblities?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Check resistance of both (map needs vacuum tool) carefully, then replace whats messed up, or, irc, the plugs are the same and wiring reaches either.

jerico

Reaction score
just had another drive, still no cel and no codes at all, but the hesitation is still there on low rpms specially wen AC is on :(

before i reset the ecu, the backfire came from the intake meaning its short on fuel,
after i reset the ecu, backfires are now firing from the exhaust meaning its rich in fuel.

do you tink i got issues on vacuum leak?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Neither lean/rich is determined where the backfire comes. Usually it determines that timing is off, but you said you checked timing belt & ignition.

never hurts to check vacuum, tells you if your cam works right.

jerico

Reaction score
probably il chek on it after my work, can you share me a link or video of a timing standard of a "f23a 4 cylinder accord 98" please? just to verify, because we based it on the timing light and the old timing position only. thankyou so muc bro

Back