Car wont shift out of park!

CLEsonny

Reaction score
So as I pull into my driveway from class a few minutes ago, I noticed that my clock LED went out. So I just popped out the clock and quickly realized that the LED was just loose. While trying to tighten it back in place, I grabbed a screwdriver from my glove compartment and tried to tighten it back into place. Being an idiot, I forgot to unplug the clock from it's power source and shorted something out. (Go figure, I am going to school for Electrical Engineering too)

So I noticed that the odometer and it's light went out along with the lights around what gear you are in went out too (I have an automatic). Then I looked down towards the shift knob, the lights behind the gears also went out. I tried to shift my car out of park, but it wouldn't let me. My clock still works, but the light behind it doesn't work

So, I was trying to look for what fuse I might have blown, but I couldn't find it for the life of me. I tried to replace the one that said "clock.." on the passenger side, but it didn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance! I hope I can figure it out within 11 hours because I have to work in the morning.

Sonny

J30MAN

Reaction score
Haha. I just did this too lol so dont feel alone.

I first replaced the fuse. Turned on the car noticed the check engine light was on. Pulled the code. Pulled the battery. And now everything is ok. I think I just freaked my computer out.

Replace the fuse on the driverside "back up light/instrument light"

Its all in here lol: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43797

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
So even if you put a screw driver into the slot next to the shifter it still won't go into gear?

CLEsonny

Reaction score
Haha. I just did this too lol so dont feel alone.

I first replaced the fuse. Turned on the car noticed the check engine light was on. Pulled the code. Pulled the battery. And now everything is ok. I think I just freaked my computer out.

Replace the fuse on the driverside "back up light/instrument light"

Its all in here lol: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43797

Thank you so much! About to go outside in the rain and see what I can do.

Back