Car wont start

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Okay basically Ive had a problem occur twice already and it gets me really mad. We have terrential raining for 2 days and I think it has something to do with me starting my car. Basically the problem comes that sometimes it wont start even with the car on acc it wont even come out of park. I cant even put it in neutral but out of nowhere when it finally lets me I have to start my car in neutral for it to cut on. I have a v6 auto. Is a sensor wet or something please help I dont wont to get stuck anywhere for hours waiting for my car to cut on again.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Okay basically Ive had a problem occur twice already and it gets me really mad. We have terrential raining for 2 days and I think it has something to do with me starting my car. Basically the problem comes that sometimes it wont start even with the car on acc it wont even come out of park. I cant even put it in neutral but out of nowhere when it finally lets me I have to start my car in neutral for it to cut on. I have a v6 auto. Is a sensor wet or something please help I dont wont to get stuck anywhere for hours waiting for my car to cut on again.

So when you put the key in, turn to second position, press on the brakes and try to move the shifter down to N...it wont let you?

If its starting only in neutral...id say possibly neutral safety switch might need replacing.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
So when you put the key in, turn to second position, press on the brakes and try to move the shifter down to N...it wont let you?

If its starting only in neutral...id say possibly neutral safety switch might need replacing.

Thats exactly right. And will that stop me from starting the car.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
It possible, that's why I suggest the least problematic issue. Work your way from least to most problematic issue might take some time but you'll find the issue. Another thing, check to see if your accord was already service for the ignition switch from the dealer.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
I will definitely do that cause even when I use auto start it fails I thought that could bypass it lol

001Stunna

Reaction score
The ignition switch wouldnt be affected whether in neutral or park though...at least i dont believe so.

The neutral safety switch in the other hand has contacts inside of it that allow the car to start in park and in neutral only but not in any gear. Usually the connectors that relate to the vehicle starting in park have issues...but the vehicle can still start in neutral perfectly fine.

The fact that you cannot move down to neutral though seems a tad weird.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
The ignition switch wouldnt be affected whether in neutral or park though...at least i dont believe so.

The neutral safety switch in the other hand has contacts inside of it that allow the car to start in park and in neutral only but not in any gear. Usually the connectors that relate to the vehicle starting in park have issues...but the vehicle can still start in neutral perfectly fine.

The fact that you cannot move down to neutral though seems a tad weird.

It really does bug me. And it always out of nowhere will let me move it to neutral then I start it. It really just came out of nowhere.

Back