Carpet Dye Kit

ccordex00

Reaction score
I'm think about painting my carpet during the summer so I was looking for some info but it seems that spray paint isn't my option cause of the finish and texture after the job is done. Blaqueaccord did his interior but I can't contact him for some reason. I came up with the website with some decent products on the market to dye carpets instead of buying a new carpet ($200+). It seems pretty decent with some nice info and they even have color match for oem interiors.
Now my question is...what do you guys think about it? Should I go with graphite black for my carpet or with just Black? my carpet is Mild Beige so I'm trying to get a nice finish with some oem look.....
http://leathermagicpro.com/Pages/carpetdyekit.htm

jaz

Reaction score
im looking to do the same... that'd be cool if anyone had some good info:ughrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Interesting. Two concerns: First, the effect of the new color over an old faded one. When and if you do this...try it on a similar color floormat if you've got an extra one lying around or try it on a section of the carpet that is under one of the front seats in case it doesn't turn out before doing the whole thing. My other concern is getting an even spread/distribution of dye with tools as small as a 16oz bottle or applicator brush, because if you're doing one small area at a time the carpet could end up spotty or uneven if the dye application isn't consistent everywhere.

I think it could be done, but it will take much longer than a half hour simply because of the large area you have to cover, plus making sure the dye is applied evenly over the entire area of the carpet.

I say go for it if you're committed to it, pretty cool mod.

ccordex00

Reaction score
yeah i figured that I might get a bottle first...try it on my floormats and see the results...but I doubt that one bottle would be enough for the whole carpet so if I do get this kit it would be a wise idea to get an extra bottle...I might jump on this after I talk to Jeff..
Hey Choi you are down for the black interior summer???

Back