CEL #9/p1381/p1382

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
so for the first time in the three years ive had this 6g, my check engine light came on yesterday, haha. so i jumped it with the paper clip today and it gives me code #9, which is P1381, Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption...or P1382, Cylinder Position Sensor No Signal.

i have no clue what this would be effecting haha...obviously the cylinder position sensor, which i havent the slightest clue where thats located. anyone care to enlighten me on location and/or what this problem could entail?

the car still runs fine though...i was originally just thinking of resetting it and seeing if it comes back, but i figured id ask first. thanks in advance.

did a quick search on google and i came up with it could be the distributor, cap, ignition coil, alternator, or actually the cyp sensor...which i still dont know where that is haha.

from another link that came up from the google search, it seems the cyp sensor is built into the dizzy. hopefully i dont need to replace the whole ****, haha.​

Last edited:

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
As long as it's not p0740 or something similar I'd be happy lol

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I would not ignore those codes. I wish I could help but I have no idea. I bet if you post it on v6p you'd get a quicker response since a lot more people are more knowledgeable engine wise over there. Good luck

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol, v6p doesnt like the f23. im not too worried about it. seems like ill probably have to replace the dizzy. im gonna check the cap first though...i know when i looked at it two years ago, its was pretty worn, and i wanted to replace some of the ignition stuff then, but never did haha. ****s running fine though, im not too worried.​

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yea I guess if everything is running find then F it and replace what you had intended to replace.

Yeah, I forgot about the whole v6pnet thing not 4cylp.net

BMArias15

Reaction score
lol, v6p doesnt like the f23. im not too worried about it. seems like ill probably have to replace the dizzy. im gonna check the cap first though...i know when i looked at it two years ago, its was pretty worn, and i wanted to replace some of the ignition stuff then, but never did haha. ****s running fine though, im not too worried.​

Gotta love your spirit in all this.. LOL.. I mean you can't stress what you can't control right?!?!

Jus go ahead and give your bad boy a full tune-up since appears to be about that time anyways and see if that resolves the problem. If not I saw someone else on here that recently had to replace the whole distributor cause that dam CYP sensor is built in to it... Either way, can't beat your local junkyard prices for OEM parts!!!

Goodluck bro

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
aanndd just like that, its gone. can't beat a 24 hour CEL haha...especially when you don't have to do anything to fix it haha.​

001Stunna

Reaction score
Not sure if it'll be of any help but this is what i get on alldata for it...doesnt require much time to check all the mentioned so worth a try...

DTC P1381: Intermittent Interruption in CYP Sensor Circuit
DTC P1382: CYP Sensor No Signal
13811382.jpg

BMArias15

Reaction score
aanndd just like that, its gone. can't beat a 24 hour CEL haha...especially when you don't have to do anything to fix it haha.​

Awwwwww you suck!!!!!! You shoulda made a detailed DIY w/lots of pics on how to get rid of the CEL for those codes... Hahahahahahaha

Back