Cel po1456?

bagoon316

Reaction score
not a dumb question at all, but no, I only do 3 clicks, which is what I thought was the typical/normal amount. Regardless, 3-5 clicks, with a new gas cap, and still tripping a light, I would have to say its something more than the gas cap.

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Bagoon, there are a lot of emmissions hoses and things back in the fuel tank area, any one of them could have sprung a leak after the crash. Could take it back to the garage that "fixed it" and have them find it.

[email protected].

Reaction score
I had the same issue a couple years back, but can't recall if it was 1456 or 1457. Tried a new gas cap first, then some fuel additive, nada.

The next cheapest thing to try was the cannister shut valve @ $50. That did the trick, but was a pita to install. Drop the cannister, if that's the route you try next. The brass screws that hold the valve to the cannister are impossible to get out as the heads strip.

If you don't have to worry about passing an emission test, I'd say forget about it. I ran it with that code for almost 2 years, with no problems performance-wise or mpg's.

bagoon316

Reaction score
I dont have emissions in the part of FL i'm in. Its just annoying to see that stupid *** light for something so minor. More of an annoyance ya know, Peter?

Thanks Rich, I'll have to look, cuz I know the Canister and most hoses including filler pipe is on the D/S, and my accident was on P/S. I mean something could have shifted, but I wont know until I climb under the car.

Back