Center Console

dynasty

Reaction score
i also like woodgrain on my av6. black is nice but it looks plain to me.

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
Ok I'm confused on one thing. Digital and Manual one, I currently have the one that is manual with no display. The one i'm looking to get has a small display in the middle which i'm guessing tells you the temp. Would this mount up to my harness and work or do I need to stick to the manual version??

ddawg

Reaction score
It'll fit.. except the hazard light button and the clock won't match up...I swapped mine (01) center console with a center console from a 99 and the clock didn't fit. So I had to exchange the clocks as well... Later found out that the Hazard light switch required some wiring changes... and the plug won't fit either... So I had to keep the original (01) hazard light switch with the clock from the (99), but it still doesn't fit in.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
It'll fit.. except the hazard light button and the clock won't match up...I swapped mine (01) center console with a center console from a 99 and the clock didn't fit. So I had to exchange the clocks as well... Later found out that the Hazard light switch required some wiring changes... and the plug won't fit either... So I had to keep the original (01) hazard light switch with the clock from the (99), but it still doesn't fit in.

WRONG.

He's asking if he can swap in an Auto CC unit for his manual CC unit, to which the answer is no, he can't.

OP, you need to get a manual CC bezel for your car. ddawg did say one thing that was right, if you get a bezel for an 01-02, make sure you get the clock/hazard button with it because they are different.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Do not get the auto CC with the digital display. It will not work unless you do what I have read to be fairly major work. Get the manual for sure.

ddawg

Reaction score
oh oops... yea the manual CC to auto CC would also require temperature sensors to be placed at the proper locations. I think there is one right in the center of the dash where the windshield meets the body. I may be wrong though.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
oh oops... yea the manual CC to auto CC would also require temperature sensors to be placed at the proper locations. I think there is one right in the center of the dash where the windshield meets the body. I may be wrong though.

THAT and a mess of wiring to make it work.

Back