CF Trunk Install

fuq777

Reaction score
OK I have a 1998 honda accord. I just received my vis carbon fiber shaved trunk. Here is the problem. I am trying to hook up my lock and I can't get it to work. I have tried to take the lock off and on many times, but I still can't get the cable lock to work. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be nice, thanks.

Tphong

Reaction score
Did you make sure every piece was put in the similar position that the lock on the oem trunk lid had it? I ran into a similar problem, I remember I undid a bolt or something on the locking mechanism which I guess made the cable loose? I'll check my hayne's manual for you tomorrow if someone else doesn't get it first.

fuq777

Reaction score
Is it possible to hook up the electric motor anywhere? On the vis carbon fiber trunk that I have it doesn't have the bracket holes like the factory one does. So am I going to even need any wiring besided the "cable" up to the lock of any sort?

fuq777

Reaction score
By the way I am totally locked out of my trunk. I have to now climb through my back seat, disassemble my subs, and figure out a way to unlock my trunk from the inside...lol FML!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u just need to transfer all the locking components over to the cf trunk.... tht's what i did when i had mine a long time ago... another thing u need to do is remove one of the springs so that the trunk doesn't fly off when u pop it open

fuq777

Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to transfer all of the componets over to the new trunk, but there isn't a means of attaching the electric motor to the cf trunk. I am getting plagued with problems on this cf trunk.

1. The cable isn't working to allow it to unlock.
2. The electric motor has 0 mounting holes
3. The fitment isn't exactly the best....at all!
4. Remove a spring?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
is it a REAL VIS? I installed mine within 20mins?..
weird.

kn0x47

Reaction score
4. Remove a spring?

the rods under the rear dash are referred to as springs/tension rods. they help the trunk open and sense the cf trunk is so light, the rods are too strong. the trunk would open too fast and you'd risk cracking it

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
im guessing you dont have that button on your key fob or the lever in your car? or am i missing something? i skimmed through the posts cause im at work so sorry.

Back