FS: CG Squad Decal & Lanyard

Metalp3n

Reaction score
Re: CG Squad Lanyard/decal + Interior/Exterior LED

I'm curious - those LED's look like they would work for my Auto AC controls also?

stevenrtran

Reaction score

Hey, sorry just a little confused. So I want to get LEDs for the dome, glove box, vanity, front map, doors (sedan), trunk, and rear license plate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means I'll need the following:

-Dome light
-Glove box
-Vanity
-And 9 of the 5 5050 SMD?
front map (2), doors (4), trunk (1), rear license (2)?

Thanks for your help.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, sorry just a little confused. So I want to get LEDs for the dome, glove box, vanity, front map, doors (sedan), trunk, and rear license plate. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means I'll need the following:

-Dome light
-Glove box
-Vanity
-And 9 of the 5 5050 SMD?
front map (2), doors (4), trunk (1), rear license (2)?

Thanks for your help.

Correct.. but check to see if you have 1 or 2 license plate light. Some has 1 some has 2.

Varnell

Reaction score

I found that the led for the temp gauge didn't illuminate the entire gauge. It left a greenish tint where it wasn't as bright. I'm thinking it was too long and close against the cluster. I replaced it with a blue one that doesn't illuminate the needle.

Just wondering if you've encountered this. I'd really like to find a white led that illuminates the whole gauge.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

The temp gauge bulb for the v6 is 194 and for the i4 is a T5. Due to the blue filter behind the cluster.. all white bulb will have a teal look to them (especially for i4 folk) . People with v6 will have a brighter cluster light just because it uses more bulbs and the bulbs are bigger compare to folks with the i4.

However, there are few different types of t5 bulbs in the market.. from single 5050 smd chip bulbs to 3528 smd to the brighter 3020 smd chip leds.
Also, there are 2 "ceiling" t5 bulbs for both i4 and v6 cluster. For people that have blue or red led.. changing the top 2 stock bulbs to led might "help" light up the needles.

You can "fix" the issue with by using t5 bulbs that has multiple leds.. only issue is that you can not fit it through the back of the cluster. Instead.. you would have take apart the cluster and insert it from the front of the circuit board with the socket plug in. Even better "fix" would be to solder a series of leds where the light is insufficient to the light socket. (maybe even led strips might work)

eclipse_led_dash.jpg

Last edited:

gabrielandre

Reaction score

Do you ship to Puerto Rico? I'm thinking of buying some LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back