Change sound?

smerf

Reaction score
Well I ran into a about 150$ I can burn and I wanted to change the way my car sounds wanted it to sound deeper. I know ill prolly look like a ricer to everyone but I dont have much funds going my way. Everything is stock I actually just recently bought it so nothing done to it. I was thinking of just putting in a CAI or a SRI but I was also suggested just putting in a muffler and changing my entire exhaust when I get some more cash. But the only muffler I can find in my price range would be a flowmaster so what should I do? CAI SRI muffler?

I dont know if this is the right forum I posted in btw.

finch13

Reaction score
Stock muffler, premuffler delete and a vibrant 24" (or is it 26"?) resonator probably wouldn't sound too bad... Could be done under $150 too

You could probably get a custom exhaust made for $200 if you supply the muffler and resonator

PS - no flowmaster, it won't sound good at all, I know from experience

jwong512

Reaction score
I would recommend getting a Taspro Hybrid Intake. It's only about $80 and it comes with a K&N filter. I have one in my car and it sounds pretty nice. It's not as quiet as people say it is. You can kinda hear it after you rev pass 2k rpm. I would prefer that over a SRI because it utilizes the stock air box and sucks in air from the bottom. However, it won't hydrolock because the suction doesn't go that far. I mean it's probably not as good as an original CAI but it beats getting an SRI.

Just picture a stock intake box, without the resonator, aftermarket tubing, and just sucking in air from the bottom compartment.

smerf

Reaction score
I think I will get that taspro intake but what does it sound like?

jwong512

Reaction score
I've only used a SRI before the Taspro intake and I think they sound pretty similar.

dynasty

Reaction score
for SRI/CAI intake, look up on the classifies for any used one. AEM is one of the popular one. my favorite is K&N because the tube is plastic and it doesn't heat up as much compare to metal tubes.

as for mufflers, i heard magnaflow is good. i believe my friend Nikita has it on his Accord. sounds nice!

jwong512

Reaction score
for SRI/CAI intake, look up on the classifies for any used one. AEM is one of the popular one. my favorite is K&N because the tube is plastic and it doesn't heat up as much compare to metal tubes.

as for mufflers, i heard magnaflow is good. i believe my friend Nikita has it on his Accord. sounds nice!

I heard that the aftermarket intakes were wider in diameter though. I think as long as you get a heatshield of some sort or get a CAI or Hybrid Intake, you should be fine. SRI, IMO doesn't really do much except produce sound. The others you get sounds and other benefits as well.

Back