Cheap Paint Alternatives

kolayxdoh

Reaction score
My sister just recently gave me her 2001 accord in Dark Emerald and I noticed since that there were too many scratches and paint chipping off to do some touchups (Clearcoat is pretty much gone), I might as well put on a new paint job.

Any ideas? I've heard plastidip is good but won't last very long

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
primer the entire car
that's what I did for now, grey primer from napa. its nice because its not a flat primer it has shine to it so it looks like actual paint

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Plasti-Dip, bed/raptor liner, primer.

You can't find a "Cheap" alternative for a good paint job.

Unless you want a quick fix it to resell, go with MAACO (I hate this company). They take so many shortcuts it makes me sick.

If you want cheap, you'll have to do all the labor yourself. Which includes pull or push small dents/bondo/sanding/primer/sand/paint/clear/buff. Parts alone will run up close to $500-$800. Labor time will usually be about 10-20 hr's depending on how much work needs to be done.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plasti-Dip, bed/raptor liner, primer.

You can't find a "Cheap" alternative for a good paint job.

Unless you want a quick fix it to resell, go with MAACO (I hate this company). They take so many shortcuts it makes me sick.

If you want cheap, you'll have to do all the labor yourself. Which includes pull or push small dents/bondo/sanding/primer/sand/paint/clear/buff. Parts alone will run up close to $500-$800. Labor time will usually be about 10-20 hr's depending on how much work needs to be done.

Exactly, or if you're on a budget like I was do it one panel at a time to make it easier. It took me almost a year before I was able to finish most of the bodywork so it was acceptable to paint. Unless you have money to blow there is no quick fix. And steven's estimate of 500-800 is pretty accurate.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

Akingkhan

Reaction score
It took nicks car about half a gallon (the first time :lawl:) to spray n that was like $100 total I still have the rest of that primer & thinner sitting here.

Back