Chrispy's Upstate Coupe (99 EX w/5spd ULEV) - 56k

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
The best forum I've been a part of so far, not to knock on these guys.. Hell yeah though, I love my 6th gen so far! Much fewer problems than the 5th. What was your s/n on HondaSociety? And thank you by the way

I'm actually making more progress with the 6th than I ever did with my 5th gen. I still miss it though and really wish I could of got the turbo on. It was 94AccordLXx and your welcome!

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
I'm actually making more progress with the 6th than I ever did with my 5th gen. I still miss it though and really wish I could of got the turbo on. It was 94AccordLXx and your welcome!
Dude I remember you! It was that light blue accord, didn't I sell something to/buy something from you?! Sucks about the turbo project though, I also had a huge turn around planned for my CD but like it says in the bible; **** Happens. Good luck with your project! Now that it's slow at work I'm about to go stalk your intro threads lmao.:gay:

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
Dude I remember you! It was that light blue accord, didn't I sell something to/buy something from you?! Sucks about the turbo project though, I also had a huge turn around planned for my CD but like it says in the bible; **** Happens. Good luck with your project! Now that it's slow at work I'm about to go stalk your intro threads lmao.:gay:

Yes sir! I was supposed to buy them ground control sleeves off you. I was getting there with my turbo project! Head done and had everything I needed minus gauges and chipped ecu for my turbo ready to go but like you said **** happens. Lol Ima be doing my best to keep up with you!

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Here are some pics I snapped at the DIY car wash last night. She seems to be coming along nicely! Will take some better pics later this week when I get a couple of new goodies installed. Very excited for what this season has in store for the car

CAM00266_zps53bf1c6a.jpg

CAM00265_zps8449ad64.jpg

CAM00264_zps6b94ca74.jpg

CAM00261_zps903baf30.jpg

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
2 more pics.. will get some better ones after I've done some fine tuning. Prob gonna ditch those wheels too.

CAM00109_zpspc7v4ddp.jpg

CAM00110_zpsaqgf7toa.jpg

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
So it seems as though I am just not meant to run a hood on this car for some reason. First, my hood latch fails at 70MPH a month after I get my 6th gen. Then, THIS happens at 640am:

NewImage1_zpsc6174a7a.jpg

NewImage3_zpsd8965ac4.jpg

The carbon fiber portion of the hood literally peeled entirely off, bounced off my windshield, and went flying behind my car.. nearly taking out a Grand Cherokee that was a few yards behind me. I slammed on the brakes, got into the hazard lane (thank Jeebus I was in the slow lane), and reversed all the way into the Walgreens parking lot that my hood flew into. Ran to pick it up and stash it behind a dumpster since it didn’t fit in my car, and peeled off to get to work on time.. driving as carefully as possible to avoid my windshield and exposed engine being seen by the ever-so-vigilant area cops. The damage to the windshield was minimal, especially when compared to the time my entire OEM hood actually came up. But this is the real kicker; when I got to the next red light, my immediate reaction was to text the guy who runs the store that sold me the hold what happened. However, after searching all 4 pockets and basically my entire car as my commute progressed, I realized my freakin 3 month old phone was missing. Talk about insult to injury.

This all happened Friday 4/4/14, 2 days before my 21st birthday. What a way to start off the “best weekend of my life”. I’m currently waiting on the store (whose name I am withholding because I don’t want people making assumptions about them, they are great people and a very established business in New Jersey) to get back to me with the manufacturer’s response to the claim they submitted. Seems like they are taking their sweet damn time as it is now 4/9 and I haven’t heard anything. Ideally, I would like to be reimbursed for the cost of the CF hood and the cost of purchasing and installing a new windshield professionally. However, since my time, safety, and the inconvenience they’re causing me seem to be a non-issue to them, I might just try to tack on the cost of a new OEM hood, getting it painted, and the gas money I spent on the car I borrowed for work. I really hope their insurance gets involved. I will lay the wood on these assholes.

Key things to take note of in this instance:
1. Peep the sealant used to keep this hood on.. or better yet, the lack there of. A thin little layer around the outer edges…? What about the other contact points? Why not use more? Why not use something other than what seems to have the strength of the crappy blue Elmer’s glue sticks?
2. There was a sticker on the underside of the hood that clearly reads QC PASS. QC stands for Quality Control. Who passed this? And where do they live so I can have a nice chat with them!?
3. I did not, in any way shape or form, attempt to modify or mess with this hood in any way besides unpackaging and installing it.
4. IF YOU ARE RUNNING A CARBON FIBER HOOD, GET HOOD PINS. THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT YOU DO NOT WANT THIS HAPPENING TO YOU.

At the end of the day, I am thankful beyond all hell that the hood did not hit that Jeep, or anyone/thing else, and that myself and the other people around me there were quite a few) are not injured. This is an absolutely absurd situation that no modder should ever have to deal with. I hope something comes out of this besides just a check in the mail.
/rant

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That could have gone alot worse, glad that no one was injured.

Got a chuckle from reading this,

I’m currently waiting on the store (whose name I am withholding because I don’t want people making assumptions about them, they are great people and a very established business in New Jersey) ....... I will lay the wood on these assholes.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
That car really wants to keep the weight down in the front, quality weight reduction right there.
Sucks what happened, is the hood too damaged to reuse?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

danmccormick87

Reaction score
WTF?!?!! Glad everyone is alright and what brand is this? I had a friend who got a free hood and VIS also covered his windshield because their latch was still on the factory latch system, which proved VIS had a hood malfunction.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
That could have gone alot worse, glad that no one was injured.

Got a chuckle from reading this,
Hahaha I see how that could have been misconstrued... I meant the manufacturers were the assholes :owned: Thank you though.
That car really wants to keep the weight down in the front, quality weight reduction right there.
Sucks what happened, is the hood too damaged to reuse?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk
Lol and the funny part about that is that this was one of my goals for this car. Irony will be the death of me if I'm not too careful.. Hood is definitely too damaged to reuse, I wouldn't dream of putting this anywhere NEAR my car again
WTF?!?!! Glad everyone is alright and what brand is this? I had a friend who got a free hood and VIS also covered his windshield because their latch was still on the factory latch system, which proved VIS had a hood malfunction.
Thank u kind sir. And really? that's actually exactly what happened here. Factory hood latch is installed and was locked tight during this incident. Looks like I have a case here! Manufacturer in question, according to the store, is a new brand called GENESIS. Steer clear of these bozos. They were holding a promotional sale of 5th and 6th gen CF hoods and I was "lucky" enough to get the last one.

Back