CL-S Muffler Swap

Reaction score
I have a friend who recently got a cls muffler for his accord (believe it or not, it's not me, I have a muffler coming in the mail) and we have been trying to install it for about 2 hours now. Our problem is that the muffler is about half an inch shorter than the Accord oem muffler, so if we bolt it to the pipe, the hangers don't fit, and if we put it in the hangers, the flange is too short to bolt to the pipe. Now, my usual response to this is to go to an exhaust shop and get this fixed, but we don't have one here in my small town, so I was wondering what's a quick, possibly temporary fix to this problem, so that he's not riding around with a ricey-sounding pipe.

Reaction score
believe it or not, I can't get any pics, mostly due to the fact that my phone just had to be replaced, and my new one won't be here until tomorrow, and his has a broken camera... if I could find a way to make the rubber hangers move about half an inch or make the hangers on the exhaust a bit longer it would work

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I tried a few different ones when I installed my exhaust, the store had several shapes and sizes. Hope it works out.

Craize

Reaction score
can you cut the intermediate pipe and put a extension piece and clamp that down temporarly to gain the couple of inches?

Jarrett

Reaction score
Or reinstalling the factory mufflers until you have the necessary provisions to do the install correctly.

Back