Clicking sound

danielkrall

Reaction score
So I've been hearing a strange clicking sound coming from under my car. Not really sure from where exactly but its on the drivers side, right underneath the back seat. Only happens when the car is running and in park. Any ideas on what it could be, and how to fix it?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No CEL? If you have sourced the sound to that location, could be something around the fuel canister.

Sure it's not valve tick?

danielkrall

Reaction score
Nope no CEL, I'm not sure what a valve tick is. I think it's coming from this box, I don't know what it is but it doesn't sound right.
2uj31g2.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The big plastic box there is the fuel canister. There are a couple valves and solenoids close to it, I'd grab a mechanics stethoscope and see if you can identify where its coming from.

Search up P1457 and read Chido's thread, might find some helpful info.

james'99

Reaction score
AS RedRyder said, it is coming from the EVAP system. This is what I will call normal for our cars. Every single one I have worked on does it. I don't look further because I don't know if it is misoperation or not but
I do know there are no codes.

danielkrall

Reaction score
Oh okay that helps a lot. I thought it sounded a little off but if it's supposed to happen then I guess I could live with it. Considering I have no CEL I'm guessing it's not much of a problem. Also it goes away the second I rev my engine passed 1500rpm's

Back