Cluster, Setting Milage, question

AngelUrena.net

Reaction score
I need to replace the cluster on my 99 sedan lx. My question is, when i change it, will the miles automatically be set to the miles of my car or will the new cluster stay with the miles of the car it was on before mine?

Ex- my accord says 150k miles and i change the cluster, will it continue to say 150k miles or will it show some other number from someone elses car?

If the miles are set into the cluster, is there any way to change them to the actual miles of my car?

Thanks in advance.

kashmeister

Reaction score
The mileage is stored in the cluster and not in the ECU. If you change the cluster, the mileage will change (either higher or lower depending on how many miles the new one has).

And why the hell are you changing your cluster?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Pretty dumb thing to do on Honda's part, a lot of people have probably sold these cars with false mileage. I would recommend finding a cluster as close to yours as you can.

AngelUrena.net

Reaction score
ok thanks. Im in need of a new one because it seems like the previous owner in a fit of rage put a hammer to it. Basically the glass is all scratched up and on the actual gauges it has some dents. Its not affecting the function of it at all but it bothers me to look at it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What the hell, lol. Definitely couldn't look at that. Front clear cover is plastic btw.

Ironade

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think you need the new cluster... you just can replace the plastic cover for cluster, that way you can keep the mileages on your car. You can find the plastic cover from junkyard, google, or someone from this website, 6thgenaccord.com.

Last edited:

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Pretty dumb thing to do on Honda's part, a lot of people have probably sold these cars with false mileage. I would recommend finding a cluster as close to yours as you can.

Yup its extremely easy to pull the false mileage trick on our cars specially if its only had one or two owners yu can just change the cluster to mileage that is just over what the previous registration shows.

Back