constant squeak from wheel well

Thirteenth

Reaction score
its coming from the front passenger wheel well

my initial thought - brake pads. definitely not. the noise doesn't go away when braking, and just to be sure i pulled the pads, cleaned them and the rotors. no dice. the pads have about 60% on them (wear indicator is atleast 5 mm away from surface)

the most recent suspension work i did was replacing both front upper balljoints. the time seems to coincide roughly with when the noise started.

anyone have any ideas that i can check before i bring it to a shop?

also. wheel bearings were done 3 months ago.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
My lower balljoints made that noise too because they were dry. I replaced em, and the noise when away. Check your lower balljoints for any rips or wear.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
i had a similar problem but it had nothing to do with suspension... my rotor sheild was bent in to where it was rubbing and scraping the inside of my rotor... all i had to do was bend it back out and no more noise.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i had a similar problem but it had nothing to do with suspension... my rotor sheild was bent in to where it was rubbing and scraping the inside of my rotor... all i had to do was bend it back out and no more noise.

h means splash shield...there's no such thing as rotor shield. it's the metal or whatever it is made of, plate behind the rotors.

GCv6accorD

Reaction score
1 of 2 things

first check if the melt plate behind the rotor isnt touching the rotor....
and second check ur hardware kit:rock:

Thirteenth

Reaction score
So I jacked her up to check.

The lower passenger balljoint does need to be replaced. But the squeal is present even with the rubber off the ground. Could it be a bearing?

Latest posts

Back